Making Jewelry

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Making Jewelry

Post by DarkWing »

When making Jewlery you target astack of 3 Gems (emeralds in this case) and get the title of something like 3 emerald wedding band,

however, it only uses 1 of the emeralds in the making of the wedding band.

it should take the entire stack!

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Making Jewelry

Post by Mikel123 »

[needs Citation]

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Mikel123 wrote:[needs Citation]
huh?

Scammer Free Trade Room

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I was asking why you think it should consume all 3 emeralds.

Because, as far as I know, it should not. This mimics the bug/feature of crafting the items back in 1999.

In other words, this is not a bug.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

era accurate bug to only use 1

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Mikel123 wrote:I was asking why you think it should consume all 3 emeralds.

Because, as far as I know, it should not. This mimics the bug/feature of crafting the items back in 1999.

In other words, this is not a bug.
if you say so .. but i the ring says it is a 3 emerald ring ... when in fact it only took 1 to make it .. just struck me as being something that needed to be fixed.

Scammer Free Trade Room

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I appreciate the report, as i can understand the confusion on this due to the lack of specificity in the patch note, but this is working as intended.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

This is a misleading claim by DarkWing.

While I admit I will need to do further research to find proof of this [beyond my actual recollection of actually doing this during actual t2a] when using a stack of 60,000 diamonds to make a ring you would get a 60,000 diamond ring but it would only consume 1 diamond.

Circumstantially, it should be noted that having more than 1 gem on a piece of jewelry was not an intended mechanic - the process was only ever meant to use 1 gem and that was meant to result in "a diamond wedding band" - there was never any intention of the game maker to have "a 60,000 diamond wedding band", rather, the number of the diamonds was inadvertantly allowed to continue onto the name of the ring.

The creation of the wedding band itself was only ever designed to use 1 gem at a time - so I would surmise that Darkwing probably has 60,000 diamonds and wants to have a monopoly on selling these objects if they were to be changed to consuming the whole stack (even though it is not accurate to consume the whole stack).

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It's understood that the act of creating the jewelry simply copied the name of the gem into the name of the item, I'm sure it was not intended to copy the quantity.
Mens Rea wrote:Darkwing probably has 60,000 diamonds and wants to have a monopoly on selling these objects if they were to be changed to consuming the whole stack (even though it is not accurate to consume the whole stack).
I don't think it's at all appropriate to cast accusations at the motivations behind a person making a bug report, this not only seems pretty unfounded, but has no bearing on the topic.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."