RawToxic's List of Defects

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

RawToxic's List of Defects

Post by RawToxic »

Being a QA Engineer in the real world, I can't help but bring some issues to attention in a respective and helpful manner. I have run into quite a few issues within the last 3 months I have played here and I'm ready to report them.

This is not my attempt at changing how things are reported here but for me to do them the only way I know how and to help give as much information about the issue as possible.

Within this thread, I will make individual posts for each issue that I have found. Posts will be entered in a format that properly explains the defect, when it was found, the priority, how to recreate the issue, and what the expected results should be. I'm thinking about adding another field to the reporting form that will allow the thread poster or a forum mod/admin to edit the post and mark it as FIXED/APPROVED or whatever. Also, it may be beneficial to the dev team if the user's client version is included with this information. (Dunno if it makes a difference.)

I suggest that others that report issues also follow this format or a similar one. Correctly explaining the issue, how to make it occur, and what should occur helps make the development process easier and go much faster.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen

Seven Elements - GM Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Mage, Musician, Tailor, Tinker
Fletch - GM Bowyer, Miner
Samuel Vane - GM Fisherman
Arsenic Annie - GM Poisoner
Grimm McCutty - PVP Hybrid

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Cooking - Pumpkin Pie and Fruit Pie Preparations Are Not Wor

Post by RawToxic »

REPORTED ISSUE: Pumpkin Pie and Fruit Pie cooking preparations are not working.

ISSUE DETAILS: When attempting to combine cooking items to prepare an unbaked Pumpkin Pie or an unbaked Fruit Pie, the combination fails and the piece of dough disappears. The fruit combination item is still left in your pack.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: UOSA 5.0.83, Win XP Pro 64Bit

STEPS TO RECREATE: Put Dough and Pumpkin or Dough and Pear into Backpack. Double Click Dough and Target the Pumpkin or the Pear. It will attempt to combine the items together but fails. You are left with the Pumpkin or Pear but the piece of dough disappears.

EXPECTED RESULTS: When attempting to combine cooking items for a Pumpkin Pie or a Fruit Pie, it should successfully prepare the cooking item. The new preparation item should appear in your pack as an unbaked pumpkin pie or an unbaked fruit pie and the piece of dough and the combination item should be removed from the pack.

DATE REPORTED: 11/30/2008

Date Status Changed: 11/30

Seven Elements - GM Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Mage, Musician, Tailor, Tinker

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Tailoring - Inaccurate Passive Tailoring Gains

Post by RawToxic »

REPORTED ISSUE: Inaccurate passive tailoring skill gains are able to be obtained.

ISSUE DETAILS: When cutting up leather armor to turn it back into pieces of leather, passive tailoring gains are received that gain even faster than using the tailoring skill normally to create those items. At this time, I have not tested the issue to see if regular cloth items are affected in the same way.

ENVIORNMENT DETAILS: UOSA 5.0.83, Win XP Pro 64Bit

STEPS TO RECREATE: Use a character that has relatively low tailoring skill points. Make sure your tailoring skill is pointed upward to receive gains. Obtain 50 or so leather armor items and place them in your backpack. Cut them up with scissors to turn them back into pieces of leather. By the time you cut up 50 of them, you should have gained a few .1 gains to tailoring.

EXPECTED RESULTS: Passive tailoring gains should not be received in this manner. This is not ERA accurate as far as I know. There is nothing on the old stratics pages from 99 that show you can gain tailoring skill in this fashion.

Date Status Changed: 11/30/2008

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Tinkering - Bottles are Rounding when making Potion Kegs

Post by RawToxic »

REPORTED ISSUE: Tinkering - Bottles are rounding when creating potion kegs

ISSUE DETAILS: When crafting Potion Kegs with Tinkering, bottles that are in your pack are rounded to the nearest 10 when bottled are deducted from the stack to create the Potion Keg. For instance, if you have 19 bottles in your pack and you create a potion keg, you are left with 0 bottles after the potion keg has been created. If you have 20 bottles in your pack and you create a potion keg, you are left with 10 bottles. If you have 29 bottles in your pack and you create a potion keg, you are left with 10 bottles.

STEPS TO RECREATE: Put a stack of 15 bottles in your pack. Create items with Carpentry and Tinkering that are required to make a potion keg. Combine carpentry items to create a keg. Combine tinkering items to create potion keg. You are left with 0 bottles.

EXPECTED RESULTS: When creating potion kegs, only 10 bottles should be deducted from your current stack of bottles in your backpack when the potion keg is created.

STATUS: Could Not Reproduce; Will need to be demonstrated in game. Please send page.

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Lockpicking - Locked Chest Relock/Refill Timer Issues

Post by RawToxic »

REPORTED ISSUE: There seem to be synchronization issues with the Locked Chest relock/refill timers.

ISSUE DETAILS: The timers for all locked town and treasure chests do not seem to be synchronized properly. When unlocking a chest and taking the items out then returning later it's possible that the chest can be restocked but not locked yet or locked but not yet restocked. There are also issues where if all items from the chest are not removed, new items do not spawn within the chest when the next refill/relock timers occur.

STEPS TO RECREATE: Britain is a great place to try this out. Go around and unlock many chests within town. Wait a few minutes then go back around and visit the same places. If you wait long enough, you should find some chests that are locked but completely empty and some chests that are unlocked with items inside of them.

EXPECTED RESULTS: The chest relock and chest item respawn timers should be synchronized or combined as one event process to prevent this from occurring.

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Tailoring - Resources req for Leather Sleeves are incorrect

Post by RawToxic »

REPORTED ISSUE: Tailoring - The resources required for Leather Sleeves are incorrect.

ISSUE DETAILS: When attempting to craft Leather Sleeves with Tailoring, 8 pieces of leather/hides are required as resources. This is incorrect.

STEPS TO RECREATE: Attempt to craft regular Leather Sleeves with tailoring. You will notice it requires 8 pieces of leather/hides to be crafted. As per stratics website archive throughout 99 and even currently on the current stratics website, only 4 pieces of leather/hides are required as resources to craft Leather Sleeves with tailoring.

EXPECTED RESULTS: Crafting Leather Sleeves with Tailoring should only require 4 pieces of leather/hides as resources, not 8.

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

House Commands - Remove Thyself

Post by RawToxic »

REPORTED ISSUE: The House Command Remove Thyself is not working correctly.

ISSUE DETAILS: The house command Remove Thyself is not allowing itself to be targeted properly. If you attempt to remove thyself on yourself, a co-owner, or a friend of the house, you receive a message that says You cannot eject a friend of the house!

STEPS TO RECREATE: Enter a house that you are a friend, co-owner, or owner of. Type remove thyself and target yourself or another friend or co-owner of the property. The message will be received htat says you cannot eject a friend of the house.

EXPECTED RESULTS: Since items are able to be locked down to block you from leaving a house, the remove thyself command should be able to be used on any entity that enters the property. I used to have a locked down counter on my vendor house on OSI and would use the remove thyself command frequently to exit from behind the locked down counter without having to unlock and lock down the blocked item within the counter.

Derrick

Re: RawToxic's List of Defects

Post by Derrick »

RawToxic wrote:Being a QA Engineer in the real world, I can't help but bring some issues to attention in a respective and helpful manner. I have run into quite a few issues within the last 3 months I have played here and I'm ready to report them.
Thanks a ton on all of these. Your reports made the items very easy to find and fix. If these were more obsure (especially the food) I wouldn't have been able to pinpoint the cause and likely would have put them off.

The issue with the town chests is a huge problem that is going to take a bit of in game labor to fix.

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RawToxic »

Wow! Thanks for the very fast reply. Maybe you have already fixed the bottle issue with potion kegs in an earlier patch publish. I will check for it again. I was going from memory when I finally had the time to sit down and type these all up. BTW.. I'm just getting started. Be prepared for more to come down the pike now that I'm expanding my skill sets on other characters. Cooking is almost perfect. Although, it's an almost useless skill, your level of recreating UOSA detail is astounding. Bravo!

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

RawToxic wrote:Wow! Thanks for the very fast reply. Maybe you have already fixed the bottle issue with potion kegs in an earlier patch publish. I will check for it again. I was going from memory when I finally had the time to sit down and type these all up. BTW.. I'm just getting started. Be prepared for more to come down the pike now that I'm expanding my skill sets on other characters. Cooking is almost perfect. Although, it's an almost useless skill, your level of recreating UOSA detail is astounding. Bravo!
Just as a side note, I suggest you post a blank template for the bug reports and have Derrick lock it at the top with instructions on how to use it.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RawToxic »

If I was asked by a staff member, I wouldn't have a prolem with doing that. However, I stated in my first post that I'm not trying to change the processes here, just do them in a manner that i'm accustomed to and try to help any way I can.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I think it's a great template. We don't have any type of standardized method for reporting bugs and this it preferable to ad-hoc text entry for sure, although I wouldn't enforce a requirement for using this template, we appreciate all bug reports. Reports like this however do make my life much easier.

Aye, please post the template.

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”