Unlimited Arrow Pickup in CTF

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Unlimited Arrow Pickup in CTF

Post by Ronk »

REPORTED ISSUE: Unlimited Arrow Pickup in CTF

ISSUE DETAILS: During CTF, and other events, players get unlimited arrows. When a shot is fired but missed the arrow falls to the ground like normal. The bug is that this method can be used to 'create' arrows. I went into a CTF match with 1 arrow and left with 30+. Obviously its not a huge deal as it would take a lot of effort to dupe a ton of arrows, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: Windows XP, UOSA 5.0.8.3

STEPS TO RECREATE: Shoot lots of arrows in any unlimited use tournament. When arrows miss, they sometimes fall to the ground. Auto scavenger agents pick these up.

EXPECTED RESULTS: Unknown. I assume the expected results is that you don't leave the tourney with more than you went in with. However, a few arrows here and there isn't a game breaker.

DATE REPORTED: 12/2/2008

DATE STATUS CHANGED:12/2/2008
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Derrick

Re: Unlimited Arrow Pickup in CTF

Post by Derrick »

Thanks for the report.
Arrows should not drop to the ground on misses in free use areas. In which game arena did you witness this?

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Derrick wrote:Thanks for the report.
Arrows should not drop to the ground on misses in free use areas. In which game arena did you witness this?
I noticed this specifically in CTF Urban. Its possible the arrows came from somewhere else though. I just know I entered the tourney with 1 arrow (in a separate bag) and exited the tourney with 30 arrows in my main bag plus 1 in the separate bag. Where they came from is just a guess. It did look like there were arrows on the ground but they looked half buried.

Next time I play CTF Urban, ill pay close attention and let you know!
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Ronk wrote:
Derrick wrote:Thanks for the report.
I noticed this specifically in CTF Urban. Its possible the arrows came from somewhere else though. I just know I entered the tourney with 1 arrow (in a separate bag) and exited the tourney with 30 arrows in my main bag plus 1 in the separate bag. Where they came from is just a guess. It did look like there were arrows on the ground but they looked half buried.

Next time I play CTF Urban, ill pay close attention and let you know!
Excelent, thanks!

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RawToxic »

Nice job on using the form. Well done.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen

Seven Elements - GM Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Mage, Musician, Tailor, Tinker
Fletch - GM Bowyer, Miner
Samuel Vane - GM Fisherman
Arsenic Annie - GM Poisoner
Grimm McCutty - PVP Hybrid