Grey Npc = Guard Whack?

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
JBURNS
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Grey Npc = Guard Whack?

Post by JBURNS »

REPORTED ISSUE:

ISSUE DETAILS: I attacked a grey, hired npc in town. We battled shorly and when he died I got guardwhacked. Razor video attached.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: windows 7

STEPS TO RECREATE: Not sure what owner of npc did beforehand.

EXPECTED RESULTS: Should be able to kill grey anything without guards interfering.

DATE REPORTED: 1-29-12

DATE STATUS CHANGED:
Attachments
Lee Sin_1-29_03.59.rpv
(34.02 KiB) Downloaded 160 times

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Grey Npc = Guard Whack?

Post by nightshark »

Yeah that made no sense. You shouldn't have gone crim/been whacked.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

I'm thinking maybe his loyalty decayed during the fight and he returned to blue upon losing his [hired] status.

Or I'm just trying too hard to explain it.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

JBURNS
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JBURNS »

This video was the actually the 2nd time that happened to me with same guy as owner of NPC. First one happened about 5 minutes before and I had all my gear on me lol I saw him run and grab another NPC so I started recording.

Orbis

Post by Orbis »

this happened to me 6+ times while gm'ing melee skills on 3 different characters. it happened within 30 minutes of hiring them because I wasnt paying attention to their health and they died so I know it has nothing to do with them becoming "unhired".

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

Citizens!,

I got guardwhacked from a gray corpse tonight. It was my 1st time to die in months and needed to lose the crap gear I was using anyways. It was like a community donation. Weird happenings in Sosaria as of late!

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kevin-theidocghost »

i actually emailed derrick an rpv just like that hes trying to figure out why its happening and how to fix it this was a while ago
Timelord wrote:Every single person in the game is out to kill you, loot you and take everything you own at any time.
http://www.twitch.tv/imr4350/

JBURNS
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JBURNS »

Bump. Can confirm this bug is still active as of last night.

Magnus Bane

Post by Magnus Bane »

this happens to me a lot as well, however, i seem to have found out why it does this. When a hired npc gets to about 5-1% health he loses loyalty, but as long as you can finish its hp in that last second, you wont notice his color change as his loyalty fades.. hope this is of help

JBURNS
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JBURNS »

Magnus Bane wrote:this happens to me a lot as well, however, i seem to have found out why it does this. When a hired npc gets to about 5-1% health he loses loyalty, but as long as you can finish its hp in that last second, you wont notice his color change as his loyalty fades.. hope this is of help
First of all, a hired NPC does NOT loose loyalty just because his hp is low. Secondly, even if they did, I was already in combat with a "criminal." If he lost his loyalty, its possible he would go blue to everyone else (as long as its been 2 minutes since last criminal act) but should stay grey to the combatant(s). Its the same as if you attacked a grey, and he goes blue before you kill him. He will still show as "Grey" to you because the combat was initiated before he was considered "innocent." Bug is still active at this time.

JBURNS
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JBURNS »

^^

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

I'm going to schedule a little time this week to recreate this issue and see what I can see.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

JBURNS
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JBURNS »

Just a friendly bump...Bug first reported in January of 2012 and staff have been reminded a few times. Just sayin :)

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

Bump, this is an ongoing issue that I'm seeing happen almost nightly...

Scenario:

NPC comes in grey/criminal flagged
Blue/Non-criminal attempts to dispose of said NPC
*** Combat ensues
NPC dies and corpse turns blue
Blue/Non-criminal gets guardwhacked
Blue/Non-criminal dies and corpse turns grey
Blue/Non-criminal gets dry looted, comes back confused about what just happened

Is this expected behavior? I don't remember this ever happening on OSI in any era.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

No, this shouldn't happen. If anyone has any details on exactly what's done to cause the NPC to go gray in the first place that will help us potentially track down the problem. I've seen the latter part of this happen more than once, but I'm not certain what's being done to cause theme to go gray, so I don't know if there's some bug with a specific action that's causing this.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org