Stables: Can't replace old pets with new

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Alden

Stables: Can't replace old pets with new

Post by Alden »

REPORTED ISSUE: Not able to stable new pets when old ones are claimed

ISSUE DETAILS: As I found open stable slots, I would fill them with a goat, panther, cow... whatever was onhand and tamable. The idea being I would later replace these with dragons/wyrms.

My pets can only be claimed from one stablemaster, not both. When I claim the pets, I can re=stable/claim them all day. When I claim a pet and try to replace it with a new on, using the freed up space, I get a "stables full" message. Even so, I can still restable the existing pet I just claimed.

i.e. "claim" goat and panther are claimed. "Stable" target a dragon
"Stables are full"
"Stable" target the goat and panther I just claimed and are able to restable them

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: We tried this at both Serps Hold and Minoc stables.
At both places I can claim and restable pets only from the stablemaster who holds them, but cannot put the new ones in.

STEPS TO RECREATE: Showed this in-game to GM Braden tonight.

EXPECTED RESULTS:

DATE REPORTED: 14 May

STATUS: Bug related to stable transition, will resolve itself.

DATE STATUS CHANGED: 5/14
Last edited by Derrick on Mon May 14, 2012 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Closed - Temporary problem. Thanks for report!

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Stables: Can't replace old pets with new

Post by the bazookas »

I presume the goats / panthers / cows, etc. were stabled before the patch? If so, I believe the following post I made some time back might hold the explanation:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38809&p=335562#p335562
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Alden

Post by Alden »

No, these are new pets. After the patch I checked the stables and they had space available, so I tamed and stabled the place-holders then went to get dragons.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Hmm... yea, I don't know what to tell ya :(. Perhaps in some way you are getting the new pets into the old system? (I imagine this is impossible, though).
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

If these are creatures that weren't stabled before the patch it does sound like a bug. This is expected for creautres trapped in the old system due to lack of space in the new though.

Thanks for the report.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

randale

Post by randale »

Derrick wrote:If these are creatures that weren't stabled before the patch it does sound like a bug. This is expected for creautres trapped in the old system due to lack of space in the new though.

Thanks for the report.
Yes, I'm having the same problem, right after I claim my pets (after the patch, just in the last few days) the stable person says the stables are full- right after I just took them out.