new bug for house killing - where are we safe to AFK now?

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

new bug for house killing - where are we safe to AFK now?

Post by Matty »

can this be changed back to the way it was where we could log 3 tiles in if secure and locked up?

just logged in and lost about 200k worth of gear. i've left my guys on those tiles for 2 years and they've never been killed. and a whole boatload of players have spent countless hours camping my doorstep just waiting for me to slip up.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=11rbvwh&s=6

update: players in IRC are reporting that this is a bug that was discovered 2 weeks ago. apparently you are not safe anywhere in a tower, but are in a small house, keep and castle (if secure). please look into this. i like my tower and playing uosa, hate all the clicking to restock when i died cuz of some bug.
Last edited by Matty on Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: was killed in tower on an impossible spot

Post by Soma »

This has been happening a lot recently, from what I hear its related to purple pots as most people have noticed a countdown timer before they die.

I can only assume it's done by targeting the roof of the tower so the explosion will hit everything on the same Z axis, but truthfully I have no clue. It's unfortunate that it happened to you, and it would be great to find out the trick to it, as Abbot has had a house killing coming for many months.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Soma wrote:This has been happening a lot recently, from what I hear its related to purple pots as most people have noticed a countdown timer before they die.

I can only assume it's done by targeting the roof of the tower so the explosion will hit everything on the same Z axis, but truthfully I have no clue. It's unfortunate that it happened to you, and it would be great to find out the trick to it, as Abbot has had a house killing coming for many months.
Purple pots only attack vertically and its very limited (if you were standing next to a table and threw a purple pot into it, it wouldn't hit you. You can't hit people from underneath the roof, either.)

Did the journal log say anything regarding your death? Were you afk while it was happening? I would think he either casted an EV on the roof and walked it down into the first floor, or he was using chain lightning to hit you since it has a great reach inside.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

Hicha wrote:
Soma wrote:This has been happening a lot recently, from what I hear its related to purple pots as most people have noticed a countdown timer before they die.

Purple pots only attack vertically and its very limited (if you were standing next to a table and threw a purple pot into it, it wouldn't hit you. You can't hit people from underneath the roof, either.)

Did the journal log say anything regarding your death? Were you afk while it was happening? I would think he either casted an EV on the roof and walked it down into the first floor, or he was using chain lightning to hit you since it has a great reach inside.
i have the roof of my tower AND the hallway blocked w/ locked down furniture. there's no EV in any of the death-shots. for two years previous to last night, you could not chain lightning or meteor swarm or purple a character standing in that spot. all it showed in my journal was my chars dying.

it looks to me like it was EQ because the character still alive is stuck on 0% while the other is dead. but that shouldn't be possible..

Telamon

Post by Telamon »

Bug Report Posted, this is accomplished due to some problem with the line of sight from a few tiles away from a house. Seems to work in towers/keeps and castles.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=40888

SirLanceAlittle
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirLanceAlittle »

Telamon wrote:Bug Report Posted, ...
Are Bug Reports being addressed any more?
I have not seen any signs of Derrick for some time now.
I hope all is well and that he returns soon.

We Miss You Derrick!!!

EVeee
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by EVeee »

SirLanceAlittle wrote:Are Bug Reports being addressed any more?
I have not seen any signs of Derrick for some time now.
I hope all is well and that he returns soon.

We Miss You Derrick!!!
I've reported quite a few valid bugs and era inaccuracies in the past few months that have no comments from staff on them and I just assumed that staff handles them as they are able and does not feel the need to reply to every post.

And good news - I was in contact with Derrick just a few weeks ago regarding my subscription to UOSA. So he's definitely around :)

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: new bug for house killing - where are we safe to AFK now

Post by Mikel123 »

Please continue in this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=40888