Targeting inside a house from outside with no LOS

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Telamon

Targeting inside a house from outside with no LOS

Post by Telamon »

REPORTED ISSUE: I can target inside(underneath) a house 6-9 tiles from outside the house

ISSUE DETAILS: Using a razor relative location macro you can target the ground under a players house with spells.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: This works most places around a house, except near the doors. The steps are correctly blocking line of sight, however the walls are not. Certain houses are not affected by this bug. I've tested Castles, Towers and Keeps so far. I was able to damage a player dead center in any room from outside the house.

STEPS TO RECREATE: Create a razor macro using anything to generate a target. Convert that target to relative location. In an open area reset the target to 10-11 spaces away from you in any direction. Find a house. Stand 2-4 spaces from the house. Cast chain lightning or meteor swarm and hit the target macro. The spell will target inside the house from the 0 z axis under the house.

EXPECTED RESULTS: You can damage players on literally any tile of the affected houses.

DATE REPORTED: 7/14/2012

DATE STATUS CHANGED:

UPDATE: To clarify, this bug does not require razor to target relative location. It can be accomplished by simply using your circle of transparency to obtain a target under someones house using the internal uo last target macro. It seems to be some angular line of sight check. The farther I step back away from the house, the deeper under the house i can target.

RPV Video of Malice using this exploit to kill a friend of mine in the center of a keep. House Kill Bug/Exploit

Last edited by Telamon on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Misti Autumns

Re: Targeting inside a house from outside with no LOS

Post by Misti Autumns »

gg

Cindrew

Post by Cindrew »

o joy thx telemon now everyone knows how to do it.. guess what its probably not going to be changed as its not a bug I hear.
Cindrew of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

brb going to bobs castle
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

Act only on that maxim that you would will to universal law.
If everyone did this all the time, our little society will fall apart.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Wonko the Sane wrote:Act only on that maxim that you would will to universal law.
If everyone did this all the time, our little society will fall apart.
But yet our society could continue to exist. Hence, it would be willed as a universal law.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Thnx Telamon for reporting the bug.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Teh LawL Firm

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

Cindrew wrote:o joy thx telemon now everyone knows how to do it.. guess what its probably not going to be changed as its not a bug I hear.

We'll if you use razor to do it then yes it is because it's not t2a era accurate considering razor didn't exist back then. Hybrid had the same problem which they fixed awhile back, so Unless i see someone posting a Era Accurate link that people could do this on osi in t2a then it should be fixed.
The formation of a hater's contempt commonly arises from jealously and/or resentment.

Battlerattle
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Battlerattle »

Teh LawL Firm wrote:
Cindrew wrote:o joy thx telemon now everyone knows how to do it.. guess what its probably not going to be changed as its not a bug I hear.

We'll if you use razor to do it then yes it is because it's not t2a era accurate considering razor didn't exist back then. Hybrid had the same problem which they fixed awhile back, so Unless i see someone posting a Era Accurate link that people could do this on osi in t2a then it should be fixed.
That's the problem with this server, "era accurate" isn't always going to benefit the growth and happiness of the shard as a whole, If you want era accuracy then don't allow Razor OR multi client....end of discussion.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Sounds like a tricky question for era accuracy. On one hand, you (I assume) couldn't do this during era. On the other hand, it isn't clear that the game mechanics are relevantly different, but only that we use a program that interacts with era accurate mechanics to produce something novel. Perhaps the official era accuracy policy will have to be clarified to handle rare things like this?

Teh LawL Firm

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

Battlerattle wrote: That's the problem with this server, "era accurate" isn't always going to benefit the growth and happiness of the shard as a whole, If you want era accuracy then don't allow Razor OR multi client....end of discussion.
Not the end of discussion sorry... Razor isn't the only way to do this trick tho, The question is could it be done in t2a on osi? Was it fixed during uosa timeline of t2a era?

Hybrid had the same problem and fixed it.

April 21st, 2012

Core updated (LOS fixes - resolves targeting underneath house foundations)
Character statue fixes and enhancements
MiB/SOS updates
Teleport spell updates

Sounds like it's a runuo problem with the core so I don't think this problem occured on osi.. Still waiting for confirmation that you could do this on OSI in t2a era.

It should be fixed other wise the houseing market will probably take a hit i would think and what's the point of macroing in a house if u can get killed anywhere in it? Pretty sure if this was a problem on OSI they would have fixed it asap. If it does have to do with the core i it could take awhile to fix this issue considering the people who created RUNUO it took them months to fix it or at least bother with it. Who knows, I wouldn't expect a quick fix tho.
The formation of a hater's contempt commonly arises from jealously and/or resentment.

Telamon

Post by Telamon »

Just for reference everyone, this can be done with clever targeting and without razor. Razor just makes it easy.

You can also accomplish the same trick by modifying your multi file to remove house walls and floors to allow targeting of the ground underneath a house.

Or by simply modifying the uo.cfg file to set your transparency to 400.

Basically if you are within 8-9 tiles of an outside wall in certain houses, you might as well be standing outside.
Last edited by Telamon on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teh LawL Firm

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

Bump* Still waiting on Staffs thought on this.

Battlerattle
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Battlerattle »

Why not just ban the people that are abusing it? Its technically a bug...right? Just ban them and don't worry about replying on this post or fixing it in game. (Déjà vu?)

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

Battlerattle wrote:Why not just ban the people that are abusing it? Its technically a bug...right? Just ban them and don't worry about replying on this post or fixing it in game. (Déjà vu?)

Hmmmm.... This may be a good point... haha