"You must wait a few moments bug"

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
randale

"You must wait a few moments bug"

Post by randale »

Sometimes it won't let me use a skill regardless of how long it's been since I last used it. It will ALWAYS say this, no matter how long I wait.

chainsoar

Re: "You must wait a few moments bug"

Post by chainsoar »

Grats, you discovered one of Razor's most annoying flaws. Enjoy it.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

ANy skills, or a specific skill?
Can you still not use them?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I have only noticed this running a taming macro which is interrupted (needing to run away from what you're taming due to PK's or mobs) and trying to use another skill. Of course the macro was stopped, and no target cursor is up, but it might have been stopped while out of range of the tameable, and I usually get it when trying to hide. Starting the maco back up and stopping again seems to fix this.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Derrick wrote:ANy skills, or a specific skill?
I have this issue with my bank/guard/ban macro I created in razor. The macro says "bank guards i ban thee" and targets closest non-friendly. If no non-friendly is on screen it won't "finish" the macro sometimes.

For example, at a bank, I hit my hotkey, toon says "bank guards i ban thee", bank box opens and I do my thing. If the macro decides to hang, and I don't do something to make it "finish" (i.e. use a skill that requires targeting something, like detect hidden), and I instead hit my "cast recall" macro, it will "finish" with the recall target (targets automatically, rather than waiting for me to target a rune), and it will prevent me from casting any other spells or using any skills (says "you must wait to use another skill") indefinitely. The only way I have found to correct this problem is to quickly log off and log back in. Then its business as usual.

I hope that makes sense. Would be happy to elaborate or demonstrate or post a .rpv if that would help.

TheManWithNoName

Post by TheManWithNoName »

Apocalypse wrote:
I have this issue with my bank/guard/ban macro I created in razor. The macro says "bank guards i ban thee" and targets closest non-friendly. If no non-friendly is on screen it won't "finish" the macro sometimes.
is your macro something like:

say: bank guards i ban thee
wait for target
target closest non-friendly
?

the "i ban thee" part of the say command is only triggered when you are in your house, or houses you are co-owned/friended to, not at a bank. my guess is when you play this macro at a bank, even though i ban thee is not triggered, razor is hanging on the "wait for target" line in the macro. i would suggest editing the timeout of the wait for target to something like 1 or 2 seconds and see if that helps. remember when you add pauses in razor those are in milliseconds, but when you edit menu/target timeouts those are in full seconds.

or i would also suggest getting rid of the macro all together. just make an in game say macro for whatever, then bind target closest non-friendly to another hotkey in razor. you can easily use the in game say macro at any bank without worrying about it finishing correctly. then if you need to ban something from your house you just press your say macro and once the target pops up you press the razor hotkey for the target.
IRC: NoName

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

TheManWithNoName wrote:that^^^
You're right. I had notice that if I waited long enough the macro would eventually "finish" on its own if I did nothing for long enough. Changed the timeout on my wait for target and seems to have fixed it.

I know the "i ban thee" part wouldn't work at the bank but wanted it in there so I have one macro for all those commands. Just hadn't realized the side effect.

Thanks for the help for my issue. :) Sorry to derail your thread with my own issue, randale.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Try casting a spell and cancelling the target. Or double clicking your dagger and cancelling

The reason i think that would work is that the client may not be registering that you should have a target cursor, whereas the server thinks you are holding the target cursor for a skill.

Using a dagger/casting a spell (or anything that brings up a target) will override the current cursor.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

mfred
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by mfred »

i've been getting an odd casting bug lately every now and then where i'll cast a spell and never get a cursor... then it won't let me cast again until i target self or last target (in the case of recall it will obviously say you can't recall from that) then i'll be fine.

not sure if its related to anything above, and not razro macros, just client cast spell keys.

randale

Post by randale »

Hmm, people still use ICQ?

randale

Post by randale »

So, is there anything that can be done about this bug?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

randale wrote:So, is there anything that can be done about this bug?
The issue appears to be that your razor macro has malfunctioned and you have a target, but because razor intercepted it you have no way to cancel it.

There were a lot of suggestions above on how to fix this. Did any of them work?
Does this one work:
nightshark wrote:Try casting a spell and cancelling the target. Or double clicking your dagger and cancelling
Does re-logging help?

Targets time out after two minutes usually; does the problem last longer than two minutes? If so is it only happening with spellcasting, skills, crafting, harvesting?

From the initial report, it seems like it's related to macroing skills, but please confirm that, and what skill is it.

This is more of a razor bug, and it doesn't seem like it would happen in normal gameplay. If you can provide steps to reproduce this, there may be something we can do server side to minimize the problem; however if there is an easy remedy that you can perform yourself, such as nightsharks suggestion, that would be a preferable solution.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”