LOS Issue

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

LOS Issue

Post by DarkWing »

Casting EV's inside of someones locked house has got to be a bug that needs to be fixed!

This is TOTALLY Unexceptable!

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: LOS Issue

Post by Kaivan »

An actual report on how it's being done would be useful.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Kaivan wrote:An actual report on how it's being done would be useful.
probably the same way they are targeting Chain Lightning etc ... using Razor to exploit the LOS changes

Scammer Free Trade Room

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

The LoS behavior only works with relative target, only works on houses with a stone foundation, and is easily reproducible. None of the known methods for casting work with a summon spell directly targeted into a house from outside.

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Kaivan wrote:The LoS behavior only works with relative target, only works on houses with a stone foundation, and is easily reproducible. None of the known methods for casting work with a summon spell directly targeted into a house from outside.
and using Target Relative Location to cast inside a secure building sounds Era Accurate to you?

we did not have RAZOR back during this Era! .. so this would Never have been possible!

I want my Secure houses to be Safe again!

Scammer Free Trade Room

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Relative target is the easiest way to achieve it, but it can be done using other methods that don't require you to 'hack' anything, or use an illegal 3rd party program. However, this is not relevant to the report anyway. If you have them, specifics on how this is being achieved would be appreciated.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

So, do we agree that the actual summoning of an EV or BS inside a house is a bug?
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Zyler
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zyler »

Sounds like a bug to me or an exploit using Razor.

mfred
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by mfred »

this one has nothing to do with razor... last i heard (yesterday) the big bosses in the sky are looking into it but still claiming accuracy.

i'll not detail it here... but i'm sure telamon will swoop in at some point for karma points and detail the process ad nauseam.

from what i've seen not all house placements are affected by this new method... so don't sell your L-Shape just yet.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Kaivan wrote:However, despite that fact, there is an entirely separate piece of code that is checked when a blade spirit or energy vortex is cast which prevents you from successfully targeting inside a house, regardless of whether you have line of sight or not. This means that despite the behavior of the LOS code, and the fact that it allows you to target inside a house, it doesn't matter since you can't summon inside the house.
This sounds pretty definitive to me. You can't summon inside a house.

mfred
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by mfred »

Pirul wrote:
Kaivan wrote:However, despite that fact, there is an entirely separate piece of code that is checked when a blade spirit or energy vortex is cast which prevents you from successfully targeting inside a house, regardless of whether you have line of sight or not. This means that despite the behavior of the LOS code, and the fact that it allows you to target inside a house, it doesn't matter since you can't summon inside the house.
This sounds pretty definitive to me. You can't summon inside a house.
huh?
since when couldn't you summon inside/cast into a house (friended, owned or banned)?.... ignoring the LOS issue.

Telamon

Post by Telamon »

Not even bothering to post this new method. Rather not get banned anyway when it is determined to be NEA.
Last edited by Mikel123 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: keeping on-topic

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Telamon wrote:Not even bothering to post this new method. Rather not get banned anyway when it is determined to be NEA.
For the reference of anyone new here, it has been my experience that one should certainly detail any bugs found to Derrick and Kaivan, even if not posting them on the forums. I also haven't seen any instances of people getting banned for reporting bugs... ever.

Faust

Post by Faust »

mfred wrote: huh?
since when couldn't you summon inside/cast into a house (friended, owned or banned)?.... ignoring the LOS issue.
Summoning a bladespirit or energy vortex into a house was not possible during the second age. Surprised it has lasted this long on the shard in all honesty.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Mikel123 wrote:
Telamon wrote:Not even bothering to post this new method. Rather not get banned anyway when it is determined to be NEA.
For the reference of anyone new here, it has been my experience that one should certainly detail any bugs found to Derrick and Kaivan, even if not posting them on the forums. I also haven't seen any instances of people getting banned for reporting bugs... ever.
Der and Kaivan know full well how to do it.

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”