[Website Bug] Hanging

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
CmaN

[Website Bug] Hanging

Post by CmaN »

Can someone please look at the cause and solution related to what is hanging sections of the website at certain times? A thread in the forums mentioned that after seeing the first post in a thread, the rest of the thread can hang while the ad section is loading (tag.contextweb oftentimes is the problem)

I've noticed now sometimes it even hangs important website functions like the player online count. I think that is massively detrimental to potential new players. Is there a way to keep the ads, but correct the loading times?

Makes the forums about unreadable at times, as well.

Thank you.

Pirul

Re: [Website Bug] Hanging

Post by Pirul »

That thread particularly mentioned Google Chrome, so I'm not sure if it's a compatibility issue.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

I've had this problem as well using IE. I click a thread and it opens a black screen (our usual forum background) and then hangs for a period of time. Sometimes it is 10 seconds before the page loads and others it hangs for several minutes to the point where I just say screw it and don't read the thread.

CmaN

Post by CmaN »

Problem looks to be caused by <script> and slow external resources. Once in awhile is understandable, but its rampant here.

See:

http://www.schillmania.com/content/entr ... t-loading/

for a description of the problem, possible solutions