Can't make New Macro in Razor?

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
0hhellsn0

Can't make New Macro in Razor?

Post by 0hhellsn0 »

I just downloaded UO and razor again after a very long hiatus.

now when I try to make a new macro, it says to enter the macro name, but when I enter it and hit ok, nothing happens. Doesn't show up at all. So I cant make any new macros and my macro box stays empty.

UO just isnt fun without macro-ability.... can anyone help?

BootlegFireWorks

Re: Can't make New Macro in Razor?

Post by BootlegFireWorks »

I also am having this same exact problem. My PSU crapped out on me on my computer and until I get the part I am using a loaner comp from a friend. It's an HP Pavilion Dual Core running Windows 7 Ultimate. Not that I think it matters at all to the actual "workings" of Razor as far as this issue goes, I ran Razor in admin mode and I am very familiar with Razor and the Macro system. I've been playing for around 4 months and have had no problems at all up until this point. Same as above, I click the macro tab and I have a grey backdrop with the white box where macro names should appear. I click "New" and it prompts me for the macro name. I enter the name and, whether I click accept or just hit enter, the box simply disappears with no changes having been made to the macro name box or the macro file. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I have really grown to like this shard. Thanks! Bootleg

BootlegFireWorks

Upon further investigation I have found that there is no folder in C:/goldeneye(username)/appdata/roaming called Razor. I have created such folder and I will try to save a macro to the above mentioned with the added /Razor/Macros and report on how or if it works. Till then -any- help is appreciated. As I said this worked just fine, on my now broken computer running Windows 7 normal and it is a Dell, when I downloaded it 3~4 months ago.

BootlegFireWorks

Ok 0hhellsn0 I figured it out at least for me. When running Razor I have been right clicking and "running as administrator" however it would appear that isn't good enough for Windows. You have to right click Razor on your desktop then click properties. Then go to compatibility and at the very bottom you have to have "Run Program as Administrator" clicked in with a check mark. I would assume you also could not get Razor to save any profiles for you either. This is the same cause. Windows won't let Razor save any of the needed information anywhere until you click in the box so that it has permission. I just thought right clicking and running as administrator whenever I ran the program every time would work, however it does not. Hope this fixing things for you like it did for me.