Spawns stopping boats on the back tiles

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Spawns stopping boats on the back tiles

Post by Taboo »

It seems almost impossible to get away from a monster with a boat. They will stop the boat even on the BACK tiles of the boat.
I took a picture. My poor fisherman Pixels can't get away.

I don't ever remember it being this ridiculously hard to sail away from a monster. I took a screen shot of partially what im talking about.

You can't get away. Its very very very hard and it keeps killing my fisher dude and I have to come rez him :evil:
Attachments
Cliche'_3-19_12.34-5.jpg
Cliche'_3-19_12.34-3.jpg

FishinPro

Re: Spawns stopping boats on the back tiles

Post by FishinPro »

Thats because you are standing on the serpents head...duh!! How is it supposed to get free when it has 2000lbs stepping on it?!?!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Maybe I should have tracked down a water elemental for the demonstration.....
I think it looks much more obvious when you see it stop the boat. :/

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

I've experienced this as well. If you sail away in the diagonal direction opposite the monster you can get away (i.e. "forward right" or "forward left").

*EDIT*

I also think this seems to be incorrect. I don't ever recall having that problem in era, and I did a lot of fishing with my GM fisher back then.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

I just went to my boat to check on this again... If the monster approaches your boat and makes contact in any way, it seems almost impossible to get away.

The boat will be stopped ALOT... even if the monster is on the side tiles or back

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

This is something I've experienced before. Even when they don't restrict your movement, they attach themselves to the boat and aggro on you every time you pop out of hiding and give a navigational command, then when they start attacking and moving around they sometimes halt the boat all over again.

If it's a sea serpent, when you kill it you'll often end up dragging the corpse with you until it decays. I've even experienced situations where I kill the serpent before it touches my boat, sail over to loot it and somehow glue it to the side of my boat in the process.

On an unrelated note, Taboo, I've killed your fisherman before.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

You have never killed Pixels before. He is a resource gatherer that has hardly ever died EXCEPT otw to gming fishing. He also isn't always on a boat, he mines and LJs too.

He remains even right now with the same clothes and equipment as always.

http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/99921

On an unrelated note, I will one day dangle you upside down and bathe in your tears chainsoar before I cannibalize your soul and occupy your children's nightmares for generations.

albewan

Post by albewan »

Archery, Tactics, Anatamy, With a Supremely accurate Heavy X Bow of Vank seems to do wanders in that situation also stand right behind the mast. I have 3 fishers with this even Deep Sea Serpants dont stand a chance with these 3. On an unrelated note been waiting for Chainasour to test it out on him.