Vendor refresh

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
scroskey

Vendor refresh

Post by scroskey »

I have been working on Carpentry skill in Vesper for the past 3-4 days. I have noticed that vendor refresh on wood is only +10 per refresh not double the amount. for example vendor starts with 20 boards, buy them all wait for refresh they now have 29 boards, then 39, 49, 59, 69, 79, etc I have read that NPC's inventory is supposed to double or follow the following ... start with 20, then 40, 80, 160, 320, etc

Also after buying all the boards (every 40 minutes or so) from 8:00 AM to 2:00 AM, the next morning the carpentry NPC's start inventory back at 20 boards. However the tinkerer starts where it left off (usually between 150 - 200 boards) On the second day while continuing to buy out inventory, when the tinkerer reached 303 boards, then next refresh started back at 20 boards. At the vary least shouldn't all NPC's start inventory each day where they left off the previous day? meaning if the tinkerer is doing it shouldn't the carpenters do it as well?

This is being done in Vesper at the carpenter shop and the tinkerer shop.

Also semi related... Wood shields cost 27 to make and sell for 31-34 gold. So with failures you lose only a few hundred gold per cycle and have the ability to make a few hundred gold if you do not fail. However Quarter staffs cost 18 to make and sell for 15 -?? (haven't made an exceptional yet) so with failures you can lose thousands per cycle. Can this be adjusted?

Thanks in advance.

Pirul

Re: Vendor refresh

Post by Pirul »

Not a bug. There was a patch put in not long ago that made them refresh like so to better reflect the situation in OSI at our target date.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

scroskey

Post by scroskey »

So did the patch make it so only carpenter NPC's start inventory out fresh everyday but Tinkering NPC's retain the inventory count the following day as well, or are all NPC vendors inventories supposed to reset to minimum values every morning?

I would think they should all be the same, so they either all retain limit or all start fresh. I understand if say I stopped buying out a vendor at noon I would not expect to see the same inventory the next day unless someone else continued to buy them out for the rest of the day.

But when I stopped playing at 2:30 AM after buying out all 3 vendors (2 carpenters and 1 tinkerer) then next morning at 8:00 am the tinkerer has an increased inventory but the carpenters start over at 20.

corruption42

Post by corruption42 »

scroskey wrote:So did the patch make it so only carpenter NPC's start inventory out fresh everyday but Tinkering NPC's retain the inventory count the following day as well, or are all NPC vendors inventories supposed to reset to minimum values every morning?

I would think they should all be the same, so they either all retain limit or all start fresh. I understand if say I stopped buying out a vendor at noon I would not expect to see the same inventory the next day unless someone else continued to buy them out for the rest of the day.

But when I stopped playing at 2:30 AM after buying out all 3 vendors (2 carpenters and 1 tinkerer) then next morning at 8:00 am the tinkerer has an increased inventory but the carpenters start over at 20.
Formula's not quite as simple as you're envisioning. The vendor refresh is 50 minutes, and stock increase is +9 per refresh, with a caveat: that all of that item was bought out. Vendor starts with 20, all is bought for the next 7 hours -- thats 8 refreshes... vendor is up to 92 stock. No one buys for a cycle -- vendor resets to 20.

What you saw was that when you stopped at 2:30 AM, you had been the main person buying this stock and triggering the bulk refreshes. After you went to bed, someone was doing the same with the tinkerer, but not with the carpenter. Therefore, carpenter's inventory drops back to baseline, while tinker's inventory remains up. These numbers aren't reset at server up, they are only reset when someone does not buy out the stock prior to the next refresh cycle.
Valorite: The metal with mettle.