Getting disconnected while in certain location in game

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
chow

Getting disconnected while in certain location in game

Post by chow »

REPORTED ISSUE: Getting disconnected while in certain location in game

ISSUE DETAILS: I now have two characters stuck in this certain location in game because both immediately get disconnected after logging in. I can log in to other characters elsewhere in the world. Just not into those two in that location.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: Win7 64, i3 M330 2,13 GHz, UO Client Customized 5.0.8.3 (Patch 204), razor v1.0.12

STEPS TO RECREATE: Go to that location. It is behind a tower in the swamp between Britain and Trinsic. Roughly at 64o 30'S 53o 38'E (B).

EXPECTED RESULTS: Player will be disconnected and unable to to recover that character because he will be disconnected immediately after re-logging.

DATE REPORTED: April 7th 2013

DATE STATUS CHANGED:

chow

Re: Getting disconnected while in certain location in game

Post by chow »

This no longer is an issue. After trying to log in later the same day I was able to move away and continue playing those characters.

Speculation:
I don't know if the problem was a server side issue or if perhaps another player was somehow able to force my client to disconnect. After having been killed, most likely by the npc monsters in the swamp, when trying to log back in I noticed that there was a ghost in the area. Was he there by coincidence, was he another victim of the phenomenon or could he have somehow deliberately or by accident have forced my client to disconnect?

Anyway, not counting some lost property and fame no harm was done and I am now able to continue playing the game on those characters. Thank you guys for running this great server.