Red?!

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Buurz'ark

Red?!

Post by Buurz'ark »

ok, so I did kill 5+ people and I did go red on Sunday night legitimately. This is the first time I've gone red with this character. Trying to turn blue again, I macroed for about 6 hours and successfully returned to blue. I am sure of this because I then macroed for about 12 more hours in town on npcs. I played for less than one hour, definitely did not kill or even see anyone and suddenly I notice I'm red again. Now I've idled for about 24 hours and still red. What is the proper way to resolve this?

Buurz'ark

Re: Red?!

Post by Buurz'ark »

I'm blue again. :D

I can't figure out what happened, but I guess the issue is resolved.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I'll put you out of your misery and tell you what happened:

1.- You had killed before so you already had at least 1 count on you.
2.- You had already "macroed off" 34 hours from that count.
3.- You killed 5+ people.
4.- 4 or less characters gave you a count.
5.- 1+ characters held the gump up (didn't give the count, just left the pop up window open, which can be left open forever and ever including server resets)
6.- You macroed 6hrs, so your original count completed 40hrs and was eliminated, and you turned blue.
7.- You played 12hrs as a blue
8.- One of your 5+ kills decided to give you a count then, pushing you over the 5 count mark again.
9.- You macroed/played another 28hrs burning off another count putting you back under 4.
10.- You have now ping-ponged twice. Three more and you'll be perma-red
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

yeppers, spot on there- long terms determine if you're red or blue and they wear off @ a rate of 1 long term kill per 40 hours (online time) whereas the short terms determine if you're in stat or not and wear off @ a rate of 8 hours per kill (online time)

Buurz'ark

Post by Buurz'ark »

Sounds plausible. Thanks for the info.