"That is too far away." While using manual player bars/chars

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Tony Costa

"That is too far away." While using manual player bars/chars

Post by Tony Costa »

Hello,

I ran into a little problem while testing some drop combos and new macros out and while in the middle of duels that is bothering me and nobody seems to know how to fix it or why it is happening so I wanted to post it here.

While this bug does not happen two times in a row (as in 2 spells in a row) it tends to happen every other "drop" that I do. Here is what I have done to mimic the bug:

I attack the target, I precast explosion, target bar, precast ebolt, equipt hally, swing hally, target bar with ebolt. I then run into the bug. I walk back a couple tiles and try to heal the target, or use another offensive spell and it says "That is too far away." even though I am manually clicking a target not even 3-4 tiles next to me in clear LOS. It also tends to happen when I want a moment after a combo and then start the combo again, the initial explosion will say "That is too far away."

This bug is extremely annoying and has cost me many of duels in the past few weeks and I just want to know exactly what is wrong.

I determined on my own that it cannot be a problem with razor as I have turned "target range check" on and off and with still the same results each time. I do/did not use last target macros in razor or UO, I manually clicked the bars with the targets.

If anybody can please give me some insight on what this issue is please either post here or pm me as it is very frustrating to be in the middle of the field and not be able to heal yourself because you are apparently "too far away"....

Thank you very much and if you need any other info please let me know.

*EDIT/UPDATE*

I was told, also, that it could be because I was unsync'd and needed to resync so I also made my own "Macros", not hotkeys, to a macro such as "resync, cast explosion" and so forth and STILL have the same issue....

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: "That is too far away." While using manual player bars/c

Post by Abyz »

Sounds like a pre-excuse to me.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

HardCore

Post by HardCore »

FYI....this happens to me all the time dueling or fielding. If I have something precasted, arm hally, drop hally and click on a bar, even if they are right next to me it says cannot be seen. Rose thought I had to click in the "blue" part of the bar but that isn't helping either. This has been years, no clue why it does it.
The Core [PEE]: http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/236
<Vega-> I'm about to go to the gym but that is worth missing a couple reps for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

What is happening is you are clicking through the bar and targeting whatever is behind the bar on your screen.

The only real fix for this is to keep the targeting bar outside of the game window and thus nothing is behind it.

I've tried multiple clients, and disabling "run mouse in separate thread" (not viable laggy mouse) and it still happens.

Over the years my game play has adjusted to using hotkeys to target, so I don't experience this problem often however it does happen from time to time.

HC - I thought it might help to click the actual life part of the bar as there are more layered pixels there, not sure if that really helps or not.