L-shape upstairs door

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
MissLady

L-shape upstairs door

Post by MissLady »

I have doors on auto-open, and I haven't had a problem with any door, except for my upstairs door in my L-shape. It simply won't open when I run at it, and I tried to re-sync which makes a weird glitch that looks like I am under the house on the grass... yet glitches back to looking normal in half a second. And the door still won't open automatically.

I can double-click the door to open it and it works.

I also tried locking the door with the interior key and unlocking it, then try to run through the door with no luck.

Any thoughts?

Bixby Legbone

Re: L-shape upstairs door

Post by Bixby Legbone »

MissLady wrote:I have doors on auto-open, and I haven't had a problem with any door, except for my upstairs door in my L-shape. It simply won't open when I run at it, and I tried to re-sync which makes a weird glitch that looks like I am under the house on the grass... yet glitches back to looking normal in half a second. And the door still won't open automatically.

I can double-click the door to open it and it works.

I also tried locking the door with the interior key and unlocking it, then try to run through the door with no luck.

Any thoughts?

After reading this. I went and tried it in one of my Lshapes, and I have the same problem as you do. Then I went and tried it in my Tower. Then I went and tested buildings inside towns that have doors located higher than ground level.

My conclusion is that any doors located above the ground floor do not auto-open (inside a player owned house). However doors located above the ground floor do auto-open (for non-player owned houses).

One possible work-around is for you to record a macro and set it as a hotkey of you double clicking your upstairs' Lshape door. At least then you could push a button instead of double clicking the door.

MissLady

Post by MissLady »

Hmm. I know it used to work, so maybe it's a new bug. I checked my tower, and sure enough, same problem.

Setting a macro is too much work. :lol:

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Does it open with the in-game "open doors" macro?

This would at least tell us whether it was a problem with the doors actually opening, or with razor locating the door.

MissLady

Post by MissLady »

My "automatically open doors" in razor is set on, and was on the whole time.

The issue has resolved itself. I'm not sure if they patched it or what, however my upstairs door opens automatically now.