Stat Gain Halted - Stats Stopped at 183 total

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
ckj000

Stat Gain Halted - Stats Stopped at 183 total

Post by ckj000 »

Hello,

I read about players having trouble raising stats in earlier forms (from 2008 and 2010) and I'm having a similar problem. My character was started over 3 years ago (back in 2010) and I haven't logged in until recently. The stats have stopped gaining at 183 total- 100 STR, 72 DEX, 11 INT. In fact, I don't think I've seen any stat gain since I logged back in after the three year break in playing.

Yes, the stat arrows are pointing up on my character status box. And yes, I've tried raising related skills to raise the stats up. No luck, and there's no answer as to what happened with the other people in the past that had a similar issue.

Does this have anything to do with my character's date of creation? Is this a bug or am I missing something here? I've played UO for years and this has never happened. Please advise.

Bixby Legbone

Re: Stat Gain Halted - Stats Stopped at 183 total

Post by Bixby Legbone »

ckj000 wrote:Hello,

I read about players having trouble raising stats in earlier forms (from 2008 and 2010) and I'm having a similar problem. My character was started over 3 years ago (back in 2010) and I haven't logged in until recently. The stats have stopped gaining at 183 total- 100 STR, 72 DEX, 11 INT. In fact, I don't think I've seen any stat gain since I logged back in after the three year break in playing.

Yes, the stat arrows are pointing up on my character status box. And yes, I've tried raising related skills to raise the stats up. No luck, and there's no answer as to what happened with the other people in the past that had a similar issue.

Does this have anything to do with my character's date of creation? Is this a bug or am I missing something here? I've played UO for years and this has never happened. Please advise.

Welcome back after such a long absence!

You seem to know what you need to do. My two suggestions would be, 1. cycle your arrows.. just to do so. 2. Get in IRC and ask for additional player/GM assistance.

Used Kotex
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Used Kotex »

I have a thief at 100/21 Dex/100. It seems stuck. 2 hours of snooping then Herding. No movement. Arrows for both stats and skills the right way, with filler skills marked down.
Yeah, I'm still in DCT... So's yer sister !

ckj000

Post by ckj000 »

NOT A BUG - OOPS SORRY I WAS WRONG. Got it working thanks to GM BoomlandJenkins who was very patient with my noob stupidity. I just thought in 20 hours my Dex should raise at least once using archery. Instead I had to use snooping (arrow up) with all other skills locked and was able to gain Dex that way without disrupting my skill balance, FYI to others with the same roadblock. Cycling my arrows might also have worked, not sure.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

For stat gain always use a gridlocked skills char (700 base skill, all skills set up)

use a skill that is at 0, for example snooping, to gain dex. herding for str, i forget what for int.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

A combination of Camping and Spirit Speak will make INT go up fast. Mostly camping.