As Intended: Wool spawn on sheeps

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

As Intended: Wool spawn on sheeps

Post by MatronDeWinter »

REPORTED ISSUE: Sheeps may not be spawning new whool when sheared but not killed.

ISSUE DETAILS: I herded some sheep, led my flock to a safe place so more would spawn in the Yew Pen. I sheared them. Then I checked on them for the next 10 hours (real time) and not a single one respawned whool.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: Yew and Delucia, I tried both.

STEPS TO RECREATE: Herd/Tame a sheep, lead it away from the spawning area so another respawns, shear it, and wait for the whool to not grow back.

EXPECTED RESULTS: Sheep will respawn whool.

DATE REPORTED: 03/17/2009

DATE STATUS CHANGED: 03/18/2009

I realise some of you are like "Well, kill the sheep and wait for it to spawn", but I most certainly used to round up my own flock of sheep in T2A and sell the whool to other players around delucia. I used to collect sheep from Delucia and lead them to the Stone Pavers to the SouthWest until there was 30 or so and shear them every half hour or so.

EDIT: Below is the listed experiment noted later in the posts.
I will start with one single sheep, and calculate the average time it takes for whool to regrow after a shearing based on 10 tests. I will them place an additional sheep a controlled number of tiles away and repeat the timing for both sheep, moving them 1 tiles closer. Then I will introduce a third sheep into the mix to determine if sheep quantity or only distance from other sheep play into this formula. I will post the findings here when I can.
Last edited by MatronDeWinter on Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Derrick

Re: Whool spawn on sheeps

Post by Derrick »

Sheep will not spawn wool when in close proximity to other sheep. The effect tends to be exponential with increasing number of sheep nearby.

Keeping less sheep in a close area should yield better results.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Thanks Derrick,
What is the formula used to determine the time a sheep takes to respawn whool then? Would like to herd the most efficient flock if I could.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I don't want to release the exact forumula but I'd be happy to take feedback on it's behavior.

Prior to this implementation people had literally hundreds of sheep on single tiles in their houses, causing major game playability issues. The lag in the vicinity of these was enourmous.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Hahaha, well honestly, thats exactly what I was doing. I guess I'm a little late to the party. I was wondering why they wouldnt grow whool! Well, I would like a little sheep pen in my home, as it is setup for such, and can be done in real life, so it should be plausable. I realise the problems associated with hundreds of mobiles in a confined space, and I will disassemble my flock. I think you should at least be able to have a few tamed sheep if you have the space to place them. If the distance-related regeneration of whool is more than 5 tiles, this makes personal flocks non-existant. I am a tailor, and as such, should be well equipped for my duties. I'll create an experiment on this matter and update the main post with my findings...

edit: Updated main post

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

why dont you change it so that sheep 0 tiled away from eachother(aka stacked sheep on a tile) did not grow whool that would do away with the massive sheep lag and still allow people to have herds

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I've reviewed this formula, and it does seem a little overdone. Before you do this test outlined above, wait for shard restart.

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

WOOL Matron W-O-O-L not whool lol
I decided to do as blackfoot suggested and read up on some old topics

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

MatronDeWinter wrote:EDIT: Below is the listed experiment noted later in the posts.
I will start with one single sheep, and calculate the average time it takes for whool to regrow after a shearing based on 10 tests. I will them place an additional sheep a controlled number of tiles away and repeat the timing for both sheep, moving them 1 tiles closer. Then I will introduce a third sheep into the mix to determine if sheep quantity or only distance from other sheep play into this formula. I will post the findings here when I can.
Did you ever get any results on this? ;)

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

LOL the science of sheep...
sheepmatics? :lol:

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

All this talk of counting sheep is making me sleepy...

Freight Elevator

Re: As Intended: Wool spawn on sheeps

Post by Freight Elevator »

An Corp!

Anyone know the specifics to sheep farms as far as the respawn of wool?
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Populus

Post by Populus »

Freight Elevator wrote:An Corp!

I can't find you in our database of sheep permit holders, would you like to contact an associate?
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

Populus wrote:
Freight Elevator wrote:An Corp!

I can't find you in our database of sheep permit holders, would you like to contact an associate?
Depends if you are going to answer my question or not.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”