~ Armor bugs

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

~ Armor bugs

Post by Taboo »

I have recently noticed several bugs concerning armor.

For one, repairing armor has for whatever reason become very ridiculous. I have failed to repair a gm heater shield 5 times in a row on a gm smith. That's not an exaggeration.

On my female char, Vodka, often times I will notice no AR improvement for equipping gloves or arms but still notice the - dex.
Yes these items are brand new.

On the char I got on this morning, Avant Garde, I noticed no AR improvement from gm shadow ringmail to gm shadow platemail gloves. Yes these items are brand new.

This is obviously the tip of an iceberg, im sure there are more bugs floating around armor. Whats the deal? :roll:

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: ~ Armor bugs

Post by Taboo »

In fact right now Vodka and Avant Garde have full gm shadow on.

Avant Garde is full plate, EXCEPT for a helmet and exchanging the helmet out for anything other than plate does not improve AR.

Vodka is mixed chain, ring, and plate but she has the HIGHER armor by 2 points.

Everyone knows full plate wins in AR but Vodka right now is only being matched when Avant Garde puts on full plate yet she is wearing AR inferior peices.
Last edited by Taboo on Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Interesting. And the person wearing the mix of ring plate and chain is also not wearing a helmet, correct?
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Duul al'Vath
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Duul al'Vath »

To get a full idea of what you are experiencing, you should post the exact pieces and AR attained. I can tell you that female plate chest has a base AR of 24 vs male plate of 16. This could be the difference.

I actually just messed around with this and believe that the female plate chest is 'covering' your chest, arms, and hands. I also discovered that you can wear a female plate chest along with any other chest piece. The AR does not improve but it would be a nice back up for when your chest piece fails.

You have to study how the different pieces of armor protect the body. For instance, ring sleeves are useless over a chain tunic. The chain tunic protects your arms and has higher AR so it is 'hit' first and more often. You might want to research 'Hit Location' and read up on that concept.

Thelonious Black and Otmar the Mad of the UBB
Arms & Armor by Thelonious Black

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Just to let you know, Kaivan came to my keep and we worked through the peices of the problem. It seems like there is definitely a bug with female plate nullifying some armor peices that it shouldn't...... among other things concerning armor.

Im sure it will all get worked out. Glad to have posted and contacted GMs.