Previously "friended" character can still give pet commands?

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Apocalypse

Previously "friended" character can still give pet commands?

Post by Apocalypse »

REPORTED ISSUE: Previously "friended" character can still give commands after animal was release and retamed by a different character.

ISSUE DETAILS: So I'm not sure if this is an accurate mechanic, but I noticed something interesting today. I've experienced before finding a pre-tamed animal in the wild, like an ostard or nightmare, tried to friend it to one of my other chars and got the "your pet doesn't seem interested in making friends" message (i.e. the friend slots are already filled). However, today something happened that lead me to test this... I friended a horse to 5 of my other chars to fill up the slots, then released it and tamed it with a different character. After doing so, the other characters who were previously friended to the horse could still give it commands and it would follow them.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: New horse, purchased from stables

STEPS TO RECREATE: Friend horse to 5 other characters, release animal, tame with another character, have previously "friended" character give commands.

EXPECTED RESULTS: Horse will follow commands given by "friend"

DATE REPORTED: 3/13/14

DATE STATUS CHANGED:

I don't recall pets having "friend" slots at all back in the day, but I never had a worthwhile tamer myself so I'm not sure what the mechanic was. Seems like the friend slots should be emptied once the animal is released or transferred so this kind of thing wouldn't happen.