Strength climbing very slow, now come to a stop

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
WarmApplepie

Strength climbing very slow, now come to a stop

Post by WarmApplepie »

I have arrow point up, i have herding arrow up. Im using crook, animal is moving where asked. I GMed Herding and only at 80 str. It hasnt moved since, can someone from staff please let me know if/what im doign wrong? Spent a day an half on this and says it shoulda been done in a few hours? thx
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Apocalypse

Re: Strength climbing very slow, now come to a stop

Post by Apocalypse »

You'll only gain stats if there's potential for the skill to raise. Since you've GM'd herding, you won't gain strength anymore by using that skill. Switch to another skill like camping.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Apocalypse wrote:You'll only gain stats if there's potential for the skill to raise. Since you've GM'd herding, you won't gain strength anymore by using that skill. Switch to another skill like camping.
Completely false. As long as the arrow is going up you'll gain. Are your stat maxed out @ 225 total?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Capitalist wrote:
Apocalypse wrote:You'll only gain stats if there's potential for the skill to raise. Since you've GM'd herding, you won't gain strength anymore by using that skill. Switch to another skill like camping.
Completely false. As long as the arrow is going up you'll gain. Are your stat maxed out @ 225 total?
No sir, Intel is 100 dex is 26 Str is 80
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I stalled at 82 for 5+ hours once. Stick with it.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Capitalist wrote:I stalled at 82 for 5+ hours once. Stick with it.
will do thank you, i was just caught off guard as other 2 chars seemed like it was a breeze.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Capitalist wrote:
I'm only going by my experience. The higher the skill, the slower you gain. The best way I've found to gain skills is to max out your skill cap, lock all skills except the skill you're using (herding in this case) and start macroing. When herding is at a lower level, the stat gain is much quicker. My experience is such that, at GM skill, the stat gain is so flippin' slow, you might as well assume my original post was fact, even if I'm technically mistaken. At least this is how it's always seemed to me.

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

I thought about doing that, running anatomy to drop Herding, then re do herding.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Just an update for new players that run into same problem, drop herding arrow down to drop herding skill till you get around 40 again, then back up to herd.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg