frequent client crashing with razor and while recalling

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
randale

frequent client crashing with razor and while recalling

Post by randale »

REPORTED ISSUE: Frequent crashing of the game, when I use razor and when using recall, and sometimes just walking

ISSUE DETAILS: My client has crashed about 3 times in the last 5 minutes. It crashes when I use razor (I'll get to the details below) and when using recall, or sometimes just walking

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 64 GB's (yes GB's) of RAM, UO second age 5.0.8.3 Patch 204, Razor version 1.0.13.4

STEPS TO RECREATE: In one instance this can happen, simply when I open the client, click the razor icon in my notification area in the bottom right, to have the razor window on top of it. I will get the windows 7 blue circle, my client window will dim and then, I will be told the program has stopped responding. Another way it can happen is just a few minutes ago, when I was trying to create a restock agent, I click the Add (target) button and then I will get the blue waiting circle, then it will dim and I'm told that it's stopped responding. Another way this can happen is when I use the recall spell on a marked rune- I will get the recall spell sound over and over, then my client will crash, as before mentioned. One other way it can happen is simply walking around, but I don't what the circumstances are that make it happen, it will just crash.

EXPECTED RESULTS: For it not to crash when I do these things- it shouldn't.

DATE REPORTED: 4/18/2014

Maybe is this sometime to take up on Razor's forums instead of here?

DATE STATUS CHANGED:

Bixby Legbone

Re: frequent client crashing with razor and while recalling

Post by Bixby Legbone »

randale wrote:REPORTED ISSUE: Frequent crashing of the game, when I use razor and when using recall, and sometimes just walking

ISSUE DETAILS: My client has crashed about 3 times in the last 5 minutes. It crashes when I use razor (I'll get to the details below) and when using recall, or sometimes just walking

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 64 GB's (yes GB's) of RAM, UO second age 5.0.8.3 Patch 204, Razor version 1.0.13.4

STEPS TO RECREATE: In one instance this can happen, simply when I open the client, click the razor icon in my notification area in the bottom right, to have the razor window on top of it. I will get the windows 7 blue circle, my client window will dim and then, I will be told the program has stopped responding. Another way it can happen is just a few minutes ago, when I was trying to create a restock agent, I click the Add (target) button and then I will get the blue waiting circle, then it will dim and I'm told that it's stopped responding. Another way this can happen is when I use the recall spell on a marked rune- I will get the recall spell sound over and over, then my client will crash, as before mentioned. One other way it can happen is simply walking around, but I don't what the circumstances are that make it happen, it will just crash.

DATE STATUS CHANGED:

Hail. My guess would be perhaps you are not running Razor in windows XP compatibility mode. Here is a screenshot of my settings found via right clicking razor icon and selecting properties.

I hope this helps fix your issue. If not please report back.

randale

Post by randale »

Bixby Legbone wrote:
randale wrote:REPORTED ISSUE: Frequent crashing of the game, when I use razor and when using recall, and sometimes just walking

DATE STATUS CHANGED:

Hail. My guess would be perhaps you are not running Razor in windows XP compatibility mode. Here is a screenshot of my settings found via right clicking razor icon and selecting properties.

I'm not using Windows XP, I have windows 7

randale

Post by randale »

Had to resurrect one of my toons on another account like 4 times, because it kept crashing when I switched to the other client, so I couldn't choose yes for resurrection.

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

randale wrote:
Bixby Legbone wrote:

DATE STATUS CHANGED:

I'm not using Windows XP, I have windows 7
You dont need to be using windows xp
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

randale

Post by randale »

There is something I found out though, in windows 7, if I have two clients running, I can hover over the two stacked windows on my taskbar, then it will show me each, then I only need to mouse- not click, over the window I want to use, and it will show it on screen, this seems to prevent it somewhat.