MoonGate-o-death

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
renegadeSurvivor

MoonGate-o-death

Post by renegadeSurvivor »

Was using the moon gate From Brit today, died twice getting stuck on the second or third jump. Char glitched into the ground both times and some snake bit me to death. To new to tell you where it was but can say it was very "tropical"

thanks all Keep up the Goodness.

Grimoric

Re: MoonGate-o-death

Post by Grimoric »

renegadeSurvivor wrote:Was using the moon gate From Brit today, died twice getting stuck on the second or third jump. Char glitched into the ground both times and some snake bit me to death. To new to tell you where it was but can say it was very "tropical"

thanks all Keep up the Goodness.
If you close the paperdoll and open it again this will be solved. That does a server and client sync request. The issue happens at "Magincia Moongate". Another thing you can do to prevent this is to stand still and click the moongate. The sad thing is that you will also find this in other places, the phenomenon appears in areas there the ground differs (like in Destard south walls, in areas ther you can stand on higher grounds and see a dragon disappear in the lower center untill you go down to him, he even looses agro) it seems to be a RunUO internal error on handle the ground and running up or down in slopes.

It's not even fixed in RunUO 2.2 version so it might be a hard one to crack. I can't even get the bug happens then I want it to it just does now and then a bit random to me, I'm still try to figure out why it happen myself. The most common thing is that you can still run to one direction but not the other and get stuck on something. The issue is that the server think that you are at say (1200,1451) while you are at (1200,1450) according to your client. This will prevent you to go back to (1200,1449) and you get stuck then you try to move in that direction untill you have been synced with server gain.

It might to have something to do with speed run prevention code on RunUO. (just a guess)

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: MoonGate-o-death

Post by Kaivan »

While some issues can be related to desynchronization with the server, if you're getting stuck in the ground in the Magincia area, this is likely due to the fact that you are running a client that it updated too far. UOSA works best with the 5.0.8.3 client, because both the client and server have matching map files. However, if you're running a client in the 6.x or 7.x range, the map file that the client uses is significantly different in some areas from what the server uses, resulting in you falling into the ground in a location where your client does not allow you to move. The Magincia area is particularly bad about this due to the changes made to the live servers during those updates, and the result is a mine field for anyone running a client that is updated too far.

You can solve this by downloading the UOSA client, which is a 5.0.8.3 client installation that is compatible with our server map.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org