Combining ore is causing stacks to decrease.

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Dook Dooker

Combining ore is causing stacks to decrease.

Post by Dook Dooker »

I had a stack of 660 ore and i combined it with a stack of 61 ore. The stack of 61 ore looked different and when combined both on the ground it turned the 660 stack to 447. Anyone have any clue why this would happen? Why is adding more reducing the size based on the visual of the stack?

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Re: Combining ore is causing stacks to decrease.

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Different sizes of ore are different quantities of ingots. You may have less ore now, but the value translated to ingots will be the same.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Dook Dooker

Post by Dook Dooker »

Oh. Hmm. k so combining them overall will not hurt the production. So if I smelted a stack of 880 would equal 880 ingots but if i combine it and it stacks to like 640 it would still be 880 ingots? Give or take?

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Dook Dooker wrote:Oh. Hmm. k so combining them overall will not hurt the production. So if I smelted a stack of 880 would equal 880 ingots but if i combine it and it stacks to like 640 it would still be 880 ingots? Give or take?
Correct.

There is "big ore" that 1 big ore = 2 ingots, but if you combine that with "small ore" you'll end up with a large quantity of "small ore" because 2 small ores = 1 ingot.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.