Stables are not releasing pets

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Killeshandra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Stables are not releasing pets

Post by Killeshandra »

I had a pure mare that I had stabled in the same place as always and when I went to claim it I was unable to. Now I have no idea why or where it went but that is a pretty cool part of the game especially for a tamer. Can u return it. Would not feel it beneficial to continue playing with bugs like that going unchecked. Thanks :)
And FYI it has been taken out in less than a week and all the right things were done as far as the rules go on stabling pets so no need to respond with general rules and other such unrelated topics. My main concern is getting the mount back if that's possible. :)

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Stables are not releasing pets

Post by Soma »

Which stable? Some have multiple stablemasters

Did you have gold in the bank?
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Killeshandra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Killeshandra »

Soma wrote:Which stable? Some have multiple stablemasters

Did you have gold in the bank?
Yes and yes, I'm a gm tamer I know how it works but thanks for caring :)

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

This is a complex issue that needs to be addressed.

In short, your mare was most likely deleted due to a bug with stable masters. The bug has been going on for more than a year and really needs fixing.

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Rose wrote:This is a complex issue that needs to be addressed.

In short, your mare was most likely deleted due to a bug with stable masters. The bug has been going on for more than a year and really needs fixing.

What is the proper short-term fix to handle it? Refresh every day or twice a week?

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Im not sure, the pet loss bug has always seemed random to me. Maybe someone can figure out exactly how it is happening?

Killeshandra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Killeshandra »

I agree. This is not the first time it has happened to me and it is random. However after speaking with two GM's on the subject they could not have showed less concern about the issue if they tried. Even a small amount of sympathy and understanding for my loss would have been a plus. Sad that they take matters so personal and jump to find blame rather than solutions. I guess it's just a negative side effect from dealing with the likes of us over time. :P

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Players need to help staff on this one.

Post as much information on this bug as possible, what stable did it happen with?, which stable master?, at what time did it happen (server up?)

Anything you can think of that will help.

I have two experiences with this I can explain:

1 - Back when the stables were constantly full, players would sometimes rush to the stable masters at server up to snag a spot or two. At server down a stable master would be full, then after a quick server reboot a stable master would all of a sudden have 1 or 2 spots free. Some people speculated that the stable masters were somehow being overstocked on server up, then later correcting itself by deleting enough animals to get back to proper capacity.

2 - I used to hoard Wyrms in order to do super fast resist sessions with their magic. I found the optimal number of Wyrms was 100 for resist to go from 55-100 in about 4 hours. I trained many players, and was compensated for my services. During my time boosting peoples resist, I noticed I would have to constantly replenish my Wyrm supply to get back to my 100 mark. For some reason, every day or two I would loose a Wyrm, none of them died or were stolen (leet security measures) they simply disappeared. I would do a head count every time I took them out to train resist and notice the missing Wyrms then.

I eventually stopped doing resist and hibernated my Wyrms in the Minoc stable (I always used Minoc). I refreshed them on time every week all at the same time (took about 45 seconds to refresh them all). My Wyrm supply went from 100, to 99, to 97, to 94 etc all the way down to 70 before I gave up and let them all decay. So over time, I lost Wyrms to an un-explainable black hole in the Minoc stable. It seemed every time I refreshed I noticed at least one missing Wyrm.

It's important to note that this began to happen after the new stable masters went in on patch 146

Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Anarcho »

Killeshandra wrote:I agree. This is not the first time it has happened to me and it is random. However after speaking with two GM's on the subject they could not have showed less concern about the issue if they tried. Even a small amount of sympathy and understanding for my loss would have been a plus. Sad that they take matters so personal and jump to find blame rather than solutions. I guess it's just a negative side effect from dealing with the likes of us over time. :P
Sending in insulting PMs and demanding compensation for something we cannot verify is no way to start a conversation. But you didn't even stop there. I'd appreciate if you didn't further give the wrong impression on the forums.

I have been over this code many times and I do not see anything out of order. There are no ways known to recreate this issue as of now. I'm not saying I don't believe the claims, just that if there is an issue, then it isn't obvious. Any stabled pets that are deleted are now being logged as to when, where and why. If there is an issue, this should reveal it.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

From the Thread patch 146 -

It seems the bazookas made an interesting observation that was overlooked. This post contains neat information about the stable system transition.
the bazookas wrote: So my understanding of the stable patch was initially that there will be 2 parallel stabling systems (which is correct): (1) one holding the non-vermin animals (e.g. dragons, nightmares, etc.) that were stabled before the patch and (2) the new per-stablemaster system. However, I figured that the moment that you pull your old pets out of the former stable system, that you then had to get a spot in the new stable system because the spots in the old system ceased to exist the moment you pulled your old pet out of it. I was a little concerned that my brother (who has a tamer) would have difficulty in a situation where (for example) all the new system slots were full, and he claimed his pets to refresh them--unable to put them back b/c the old slots ceased to exist after he claimed his pets, and the new per-stablemaster slots being full at that particular stable.

I found out that this is not the case, and it's still not clear to me how exactly the transition from old stable system to new stable system is working.

I found out like this:
My brother claimed his old-system pets from a stablemaster that had full stables. I tried to say "stable" to that stablemaster (which normally would have open spots since my brother claimed some), and he said his stables were full (which is more-or-less what I expected--that claiming animals from the old system wouldn't free up space in the new system). However, when my brother said "stable", the spots were available for him to restable those pets that he pulled out of the old system. However, when he tried to hold those spots with other newly tamed animals from the stable so that we could go farm with his dragons, the stablemaster would say that it's full even though he got the prompt to stable the animals: it only let him use the "newly available" stable spots for the pets that were reclaimed from the old system.

Hence, my new (better... or not?) understanding behind the new stable mechanic is this:
It appears that we have a "grandfathered" stable system running in parallel with the new per-stablemaster mechanic. In some way, the grandfathered system retains all the space for former animals (even when they are claimed), but it appears that no new animals can be entered into this system. My brother and I didn't have time to explore it much, so it's not clear exactly what the details are with this parallel system. Some things I would explore if I personally had some animals stabled under the old system (perhaps others could provide answers to these questions).

Assuming you just pulled an animal out of the "grandfathered" system:
Can you only restable it back into the old system through that same stablemaster, or could you take it to another "full" stablemaster and still get it into the old system?
Do you lose the "grandfathered" spot if you pull an animal out from a stablemaster that is not full at that time? I suppose this would be a decent way of phasing out these grandfathered stable spots (although people could potentially ensure that their grandfathered spots remain open forever).
Does the opportunity to restable grandfathered pets disappear after a while, or could you always bring those pets back to that stablemaster to be stabled, regardless of the per-stablemaster system being full.
If I pulled out a grandfathered animal from stable A, and my brother pulled out a grandfathered animal in stable B (both stables being full under the new system), would my brother be able to restable his animals in A and I restable my animals in B (swapping grandfathered spots)?

Grandfathered stable spots (assuming they don't expire somehow) are obviously superior; possibly don't have to "hold" stable spots, since nobody can get to your grandfathered spots.

Anywho... just thought I'd share some observations (possibly incorrect) regarding the new patch.

Killeshandra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Killeshandra »

Anarcho wrote:
Killeshandra wrote:I agree. This is not the first time it has happened to me and it is random. However after speaking with two GM's on the subject they could not have showed less concern about the issue if they tried. Even a small amount of sympathy and understanding for my loss would have been a plus. Sad that they take matters so personal and jump to find blame rather than solutions. I guess it's just a negative side effect from dealing with the likes of us over time. :P
Sending in insulting PMs and demanding compensation for something we cannot verify is no way to start a conversation. But you didn't even stop there. I'd appreciate if you didn't further give the wrong impression on the forums.

I have been over this code many times and I do not see anything out of order. There are no ways known to recreate this issue as of now. I'm not saying I don't believe the claims, just that if there is an issue, then it isn't obvious. Any stabled pets that are deleted are now being logged as to when, where and why. If there is an issue, this should reveal it.
Well, there ya go. I rest my case :)

Killeshandra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Killeshandra »

Anarcho wrote:

Well, there ya go. I rest my case :)

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Killeshandra u make me face palm.

Downs

Post by Downs »

I lost a dragon a few days ago in trinsic stables. I didn't think much of it, so i didn't look at which stable master/etc. If it helps, I'll make better note if/when it happens again.

And Killeshandra, what do you expect them to do? If they can't detect the issue to confirm the pet was lost, they can't be expected to replace the pet, otherwise we'd all "lose" a perfect stat pure mare to the stables. I don't mean to say it didn't happen, but if it can't be proved, they can't really do much.
Anarcho wrote:

^That however, is staff doing something about the bug you reported

For the time being, just store your most prized mounts on mule toons!
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Killeshandra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Killeshandra »

Downs wrote:I lost a dragon a few days ago in trinsic stables. I didn't think much of it, so i didn't look at which stable master/etc. If it helps, I'll make better note if/when it happens again.

And Killeshandra, what do you expect them to do? If they can't detect the issue to confirm the pet was lost, they can't be expected to replace the pet, otherwise we'd all "lose" a perfect stat pure mare to the stables. I don't mean to say it didn't happen, but if it can't be proved, they can't really do much.
Anarcho wrote:

^That however, is staff doing something about the bug you reported

For the time being, just store your most prized mounts on mule toons!
If you'll scroll back to the original post you'll see I merely reported the incident and 'asked' if there was a chance it might be returned. No demands, no blame, no threats. Not sure where all the drama came in but I know it wasn't from me. I will refrain in the future from reporting such things given my experience here. Sorry to have brought this to the gms attention. :(