Stables are not releasing pets

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Killeshandra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Stables are not releasing pets

Post by Killeshandra »

Downs wrote:I lost a dragon a few days ago in trinsic stables. I didn't think much of it, so i didn't look at which stable master/etc. If it helps, I'll make better note if/when it happens again.

And Killeshandra, what do you expect them to do? If they can't detect the issue to confirm the pet was lost, they can't be expected to replace the pet, otherwise we'd all "lose" a perfect stat pure mare to the stables. I don't mean to say it didn't happen, but if it can't be proved, they can't really do much.
Anarcho wrote:
I have been over this code many times and I do not see anything out of order. There are no ways known to recreate this issue as of now. I'm not saying I don't believe the claims, just that if there is an issue, then it isn't obvious. Any stabled pets that are deleted are now being logged as to when, where and why. If there is an issue, this should reveal it.

^That however, is staff doing something about the bug you reported

For the time being, just store your most prized mounts on mule toons!
If you'll scroll back to the original post you'll see I merely reported the incident and 'asked' if there was a chance it might be returned. No demands, no blame, no threats. Not sure where all the drama came in but I know it wasn't from me. I will refrain in the future from reporting such things given my experience here. Sorry to have brought this to the gms attention. :(

Downs

Post by Downs »

Killeshandra wrote:I agree. This is not the first time it has happened to me and it is random. However after speaking with two GM's on the subject they could not have showed less concern about the issue if they tried. Even a small amount of sympathy and understanding for my loss would have been a plus. Sad that they take matters so personal and jump to find blame rather than solutions. I guess it's just a negative side effect from dealing with the likes of us over time. :P

That is what I was addressing... not stirring up drama, just pointing out that they're taking steps to fix it, and it's not possible for them to reimburse a loss from a bug without proof it happened.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

UO19862005

Post by UO19862005 »

Bump, this is still an issue. I've lost 3 mares, rare frenzieds and countless dragons to this bug and I'm fed up with it. The stable master message promising he will hold a pet for one week needs to be changed until this issue is resolved. Some people say they don't have stable issues, but all I can say is I don't recommend stabling anything in Britain. If the stable master doesn't return your animal the admins won't be helping you and people will be rude to you for even mentioning you lost something, that's the basic uosa culture. Store expensive mounts on a mule account and spread the word, stables are not secure. To me, I think this is a proven bug due to the number of complaints.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

This issue could be related to pet target spamming and might not have anything to do with stable hands.

I've noticed dragons vanishing while spam taming them. Still a mystery tho.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

UO19862005 wrote:Bump, this is still an issue. I've lost 3 mares, rare frenzieds and countless dragons to this bug and I'm fed up with it. The stable master message promising he will hold a pet for one week needs to be changed until this issue is resolved. Some people say they don't have stable issues, but all I can say is I don't recommend stabling anything in Britain. If the stable master doesn't return your animal the admins won't be helping you and people will be rude to you for even mentioning you lost something, that's the basic uosa culture. Store expensive mounts on a mule account and spread the word, stables are not secure. To me, I think this is a proven bug due to the number of complaints.

Page Anarcho or flag him down in IRC. We have something in place that should shed more light on why your pet may or may not have vanished from the stables.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

UO19862005

Post by UO19862005 »

Rose wrote:This issue could be related to pet target spamming and might not have anything to do with stable hands.

I've noticed dragons vanishing while spam taming them. Still a mystery tho.
That's a great point, why didn't I think of that? I've had dragons vanish many times while I was spam taming them too. It must be related to the spam aspect. If dragons vanish at a consistent rate while spam taming them then it isn't so far fetched that they are also vanishing in the stables for whatever reason. I don't have my stable dates on a spread sheet like some people but I'm still almost positive that pets are sometimes vanishing before 7 days at random times, I'll have to do further testing with junk animals to document it.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Godspeed sir

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

I'm interested in what Anarcho can find out about Bill's lost pets, and how they were lost. Bill said he uses Britain [N] and Britain [W/Lord British] stables. I've never used these stables, so I have no experience with them.

I'm one of the guys Bill mentioned as never having an issue with stabling. I know it's a bit reckless, but I only refresh between 3 and 4 hours shy of exactly 1 week, and I've been doing it this way for more than a year and have never lost a single pet (I have an excel file, and I count them frequently to make sure the numbers line up).

That being said, I now take a few security measures, like refreshing a somewhat/fairly/greatly worn small right after refreshing all pets, or moving a distinct item to a distinct location, so that I can check back 3-4 hours later and ensure that either the small is only slightly worn, or the distinct item is in the new spot. I do this because I lost 10 pures and 40 dragons (among other less valuable mares/frenz) when I once refreshed directly after server restart, then went to catch a flight. I didn't log in again until almost 24 hours later, and in fact didn't even notice the pets were gone until 3-4 days later. I checked in with Anarcho, and sure enough, he informed me that the server went down about 40 minutes after server up the day I refreshed, hence my pet refresh was not saved. This is what I predict happens when once or twice a year someone complains their house fell early. It's just bad luck, but it's bound to happen once in a while.
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

UO19862005

Post by UO19862005 »

I can only think of one possibility for my situation. How often is your bank account charged for a stabled pet? I assumed once per week. The only possibility is that my account was at 0 balance so the stable master trashed the animals, but the animals were stabled for less than one week and my account was 0 for less than a day, so for this to be a possibility the stable master would have to charge gold on a daily basis which I wasn't aware of.

P.S. That's the most horrible stable story I ever heard, people should be reimbursed for losing things due to server crashes but I suppose admins would have a hard time verifying exactly what was lost.

UO19862005

Post by UO19862005 »

I'd like to add one more thing. Regardless of if I made an error or not, there is a problem with the stables. There is no possible way for Rose to have gone from 100 wyrms down to 70 wyrms over several months of refreshing. If Rose didn't refresh in time he would of had 0 wyrms, not 70. It takes a real sloppy person to accidentally lose 30 wyrms in several months of refreshing, I don't believe anyone could be that careless. I think it's much more likely that the stable has a black hole under unknown circumstances, especially since we've already seen dragons disappear in front of our own eyes while taming them.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I mean, there was always the possibility I was high, js.

I currently have 53 dragons in the stables, monitoring them.