Client keeps crashing

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Piche

Client keeps crashing

Post by Piche »

Hi,

I Installed the package from Second Age website (client + Razor). I am on Windows 7, 64 bits. Tried everything but my client keeps crashing after a few minutes. I cannot play 1 hour (even 30min) in a row without crashing. I am about to go crazy!!

Question In which compatibilkty mod should I run razor and client? Tried almost all possibilities with no succes. (Also tried to run client without Razor and it crashed also).

- All my .exe runs in administrative mod (razor, client.exe, client_noenc.exe).
- Disabled visual theme + disabled desktop composition
- Use smart CPU usage reduction is OFF on Razor.
- Ingame music is OFF.
- Tried to uninstalled an reinstalled several times...

Help ? :(

Bixby Legbone

Re: Client keeps crashing

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Piche wrote:Hi,

I Installed the package from Second Age website (client + Razor). I am on Windows 7, 64 bits. Tried everything but my client keeps crashing after a few minutes. I cannot play 1 hour (even 30min) in a row without crashing. I am about to go crazy!!

Question In which compatibilkty mod should I run razor and client? Tried almost all possibilities with no succes. (Also tried to run client without Razor and it crashed also).

- All my .exe runs in administrative mod (razor, client.exe, client_noenc.exe).
- Disabled visual theme + disabled desktop composition
- Use smart CPU usage reduction is OFF on Razor.
- Ingame music is OFF.
- Tried to uninstalled an reinstalled several times...

Help ? :(

When it crashes on you can you let the windows Debugger try and find the problem and post whatever error message it gives? Can you associate your crashes with anything in particular in game (like when you are using a hotkey to play a macro)?

Piche

Post by Piche »

When it crashed I am doing nothing in particular. Usually walking or running in game...

Here some details :

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: client.exe
Application Version: 5.0.8.3
Application Timestamp: 46004869
Fault Module Name: StackHash_706b
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 53887000
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3084
Additional Information 1: 706b
Additional Information 2: 706be7c4432a593cb30902e5f84c11ff
Additional Information 3: 1bc8
Additional Information 4: 1bc860d13f599ffe8177c719f45412f0

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

I run UO/Razor with Windows XP SP3 Compatibility, and as an administrator. This has fixed almost every random crash for me.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Piche,

From your reply it appears you are using UO version 5.0.8.3

When I downloaded the version from the website, it put me at version 5.0.8.4

There is a chance your client version is the source of your crashes. I don't know why the download for you would give you version 5.0.8.3 versus giving me 5.0.8.4, but if you can't figure out any other problem then getting your client to 5.0.8.4 might be a solution.

EDIT: ALSO.. you never mentioned downloading the .Net 2.0 framework. It is an application available in the downloads section on this website, and if you don't have this installed it could also be causing you your trouble.

Piche

Post by Piche »

Thanks for the answers everyone!

1) I already tried the Win XP SP3 compatibility (for UO and Razor) and it also crashed. However I was running in WIn 7 compatibility for the reported crash. I putted the Compatibility back on Win XP SP3 after this test (actually testing it again).

2) I downloaded the game from the website like 2 days ago. How I did not get the latest version? Maybe you can give me the right link to download it again to the version 5.0.8.4?

3) From the website :

"If your operating system is Windows XP or earlier:
Download .Net framework 2.0 here:"

--> I am running on Windows 7 (not on Win XP or earlier) so I figured that I don't need to install Framework 2. Am I right?

4) Everytime I crashed, my character was moving in game. Right now I am testing macroing (practicing hiding skill) without moving. Actually logged in for about 1 hour without crashing. Yeah! Seems to work, but playing without moving won't be an option for long :)

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Piche wrote:Thanks for the answers everyone!

1) I already tried the Win XP SP3 compatibility (for UO and Razor) and it also crashed. However I was running in WIn 7 compatibility for the reported crash. I putted the Compatibility back on Win XP SP3 after this test (actually testing it again).

2) I downloaded the game from the website like 2 days ago. How I did not get the latest version? Maybe you can give me the right link to download it again to the version 5.0.8.4?

3) From the website :

"If your operating system is Windows XP or earlier:
Download .Net framework 2.0 here:"

--> I am running on Windows 7 (not on Win XP or earlier) so I figured that I don't need to install Framework 2. Am I right?

4) Everytime I crashed, my character was moving in game. Right now I am testing macroing (practicing hiding skill) without moving. Actually logged in for about 1 hour without crashing. Yeah! Seems to work, but playing without moving won't be an option for long :)

I just realized, I run windows 7, but I have .net 2.0 framework installed just because I never bothered to read what you said. However, maybe since we have to run razor and uo in windows compatability mode for windows XP.. then somehow the programs are looking for the .net 2.0 framework for help? I guess it is worth a shot when nothing else works.

Piche

Post by Piche »

Client still crashs, but only happends when I move in game.

- Win xp SP3 compatibility still crashs.
- I cannot install Framework since I am on a 64 bit version of Windows 7.

Here's the details of the latest crash :

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: client.exe
Application Version: 5.0.8.3
Application Timestamp: 46004869
Fault Module Name: StackHash_706b
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 53887000
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3084
Additional Information 1: 706b
Additional Information 2: 706be7c4432a593cb30902e5f84c11ff
Additional Information 3: 1bc8
Additional Information 4: 1bc860d13f599ffe8177c719f45412f0

- I would like to try client versions 5.0.8.4, but I cannot find a download for it ??

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Ya I just got a new computer last month and so obviously had to re download razor/uo. My crash issues is with more than 1 client running, certain macro commands in razor (pauses and waiting for targets), and also just not doing anything but running around eventually lags and crashes me now. I also wasn't able to locate the latest version. Not sure what I was running on my old p but it is definitely currently 5.0.8.3 from the main page.
*shrug*
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Do you have "Use smart CPU reduction" ticked in razor?
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”