Vendor replace bug

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
LORD CORPSE

Vendor replace bug

Post by LORD CORPSE »

Early this morning I went to deed my vendor to place in my bank, and when I said "vendor-name replace" the vendor poofed, but did not give me back my deed like usual.
The vendor had a good 60k on him for services or I wouldnt of cared much.

Just thought other players should be aware of this happening, I talked to a GM and they said there is not much they can do besides look into it. He had thought maybe the gold went to my bank, but no that was gold from other stuff and not the right amount.

Things to note:
-The character that owned the vendor was not the owner of the house (was a friend of the house)
-I was not overweight, the deed did not fall to the ground.
- I did double check my log to make sure I said "replace" and not "dismiss
-replaced it 20 minutes or so before server down (while server was still saving) (I mention this because I know vendors act weird during server wars, not sure if something occurred before then that messed with my vendor)

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Vendor replace bug

Post by Kaivan »

I'll ask Anarcho to look into the code behind the replace command to see if we can see any bugs.

On a somewhat related note, the known information from the patch notes does not comport with what should be working here. Specifically, the "(vendor name) replace" command shouldn't even be active on UOSA, as it was a command that was only available for a short period of time in order to contend with bugged vendors during the transition into house ownership, and was deactivated in December 98. Another minor issue is that if the command were supposed to be active, it shouldn't drop the gold into your backpack in up to 50,000 piles of gold, but it should directly deposit the gold into your bank box. So, needless to say, what we have here isn't correct no matter how we look at it.

Again, I'll ask Anarcho to look into the code to try and determine exactly what might have caused the bug itself, but one way or the other, it should be expected that the command will be made unavailable altogether.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

LORD CORPSE

Post by LORD CORPSE »

Kaivan wrote:I'll ask Anarcho to look into the code behind the replace command to see if we can see any bugs.

On a somewhat related note, the known information from the patch notes does not comport with what should be working here. Specifically, the "(vendor name) replace" command shouldn't even be active on UOSA, as it was a command that was only available for a short period of time in order to contend with bugged vendors during the transition into house ownership, and was deactivated in December 98. Another minor issue is that if the command were supposed to be active, it shouldn't drop the gold into your backpack in up to 50,000 piles of gold, but it should directly deposit the gold into your bank box. So, needless to say, what we have here isn't correct no matter how we look at it.

Again, I'll ask Anarcho to look into the code to try and determine exactly what might have caused the bug itself, but one way or the other, it should be expected that the command will be made unavailable altogether.

Thank you for the interesting information and having it looked into.

LORD CORPSE

Post by LORD CORPSE »

Was able to get this to occur 2 more times throughout the day.
Not sure what does it though.

I bought 2 vendor deeds this morning.

Placed them both. They would redeed fine over and over.
Then I would log off and do misc shit for an hour and come back and try again and the first one poofed, and didnt redeed but the second one redeeded fine.

Then I left the second one in my pack again, logging in and out and doing misc for hours.
Tried again, and that one poofed as well, did not redeed with the replace command.