Odds and ends

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Odds and ends

Post by Mens Rea »

1) There is a patch note to say you shouldn't be able to place houses where you can't access the steps. I can place a house on a brown rock that ignores most of the house placement rules.

2) There is a patch note to say you shouldn't be able to friend animals to someone who can't control them, yet I can do this.

3) For some odd reason, I cannot access a bag that is two squares away inside a house. This is not T2A behaviour. If the bag was behind a table then you could put items in but not take them out (I know, I was there). But certainly there was no restriction on taking items out of a bag two squares away.

Apocalypse

Re: Odds and ends

Post by Apocalypse »

Mens Rea wrote:1) There is a patch note to say you shouldn't be able to place houses where you can't access the steps. I can place a house on a brown rock that ignores most of the house placement rules.
This applies to a logs as well. However, you can click the same ground tile, just click the ground part and not the rock/log, and the house should place correctly. I showed this to Anarcho a couple weeks ago, so it should be on his radar to fix.

SariahTheBard

Post by SariahTheBard »

Mens Rea wrote: 3) For some odd reason, I cannot access a bag that is two squares away inside a house. This is not T2A behaviour. If the bag was behind a table then you could put items in but not take them out (I know, I was there). But certainly there was no restriction on taking items out of a bag two squares away.

This isn't an issue for me, many of my macros would be broken if this were the case. I just manually tested this and your issue does not happen to me. I can freely take from bags/boxes two squares away.

Neonic

Post by Neonic »

SariahTheBard wrote:
Mens Rea wrote: 3) For some odd reason, I cannot access a bag that is two squares away inside a house. This is not T2A behaviour. If the bag was behind a table then you could put items in but not take them out (I know, I was there). But certainly there was no restriction on taking items out of a bag two squares away.

This isn't an issue for me, many of my macros would be broken if this were the case. I just manually tested this and your issue does not happen to me. I can freely take from bags/boxes two squares away.
That's interesting - I can put items in but get the "that is out of sight" message when I try to take them out. The bag is a pouch on the ground of an empty house....

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Mens Rea wrote:1) There is a patch note to say you shouldn't be able to place houses where you can't access the steps. I can place a house on a brown rock that ignores most of the house placement rules.
This is a bug with the house placement code that allows you to target ground objects like rocks and other similar objects, and the house itself will be placed entirely on top of the ground object, rendering the entire house useless, provided that the housing location is otherwise a legal location. We've known about it since shortly after it became possible with the last patch, but we haven't rolled out a fix for it yet. As Apocalypse suggests, you can target the actual ground tile that the object is sitting on, and it will allow you to place the house in the exact same spot, but it will actually be resting on the ground and be a usable structure.
Mens Rea wrote:2) There is a patch note to say you shouldn't be able to friend animals to someone who can't control them, yet I can do this.
This is an old issue that was supposed to have been fixed with the patch note that you are referring to. Checks to friend someone to a mount are supposed to do a check on the skill of both the owner of the mount, and on the person who the mount is being friended to. If either check fails, then the friend command should fail. I don't really know what went wrong with the patch, but that patch was supposed to implement that behavior.
Mens Rea wrote:3) For some odd reason, I cannot access a bag that is two squares away inside a house. This is not T2A behaviour. If the bag was behind a table then you could put items in but not take them out (I know, I was there). But certainly there was no restriction on taking items out of a bag two squares away.
I'm not sure exactly what is causing this particular problem as I too am able to access items inside containers on a regular player character while standing 2 tiles away. This may be a problem with your configuration as it seems others aren't having this problem.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org