Game either full screen or minimized

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Mike Hawk

Game either full screen or minimized

Post by Mike Hawk »

There is something weird happening with just ONE character I have. Every time I log in, UO minimizes automatically (just with this one character), and then I have to right click the UO program on my start bar and select "maximize" to get it to open at all. If I try anything to readjust the screen size, it just minimizes again.

This is very strange to me as everything is fine and normal until I log in with this one character I have, and then I have this problem.

Any ideas?

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Re: Game either full screen or minimized

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

If you're running Windows 7 or anything more recently, here's a trick. Mouse-over the UO icon in your task bar at the bottom of your screen, when the little window pops up that says "Ultima Online - character name ", right click this and then select Maximize. This should resolve the issue.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Mike Hawk

Post by Mike Hawk »

Thanks for your response. I can toggle between minimizing and maximizing, but my problem is re-sizing. For this one character only, the UO screen cannot be re-sized. It has to be either all my screen or minimized.

While screen is maximized, If I try to select "Restore down" then it minimizes instead of allowing me to re-size my screen. Only with this one character, none of my others.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

My bad! Coffee hasn't settled in quite yet :)

When in doubt, deleting the character folder is worth a shot, located in: C:\Ultima Online\Desktop\Account Name\SecondAge\

Chances are that will fix it if it's only happening on a single character. You may want to back up the folder first so you can retain your character macros and other settings.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Mike Hawk

Post by Mike Hawk »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:My bad! Coffee hasn't settled in quite yet :)

When in doubt, deleting the character folder is worth a shot, located in: C:\Ultima Online\Desktop\Account Name\SecondAge\

Chances are that will fix it if it's only happening on a single character. You may want to back up the folder first so you can retain your character macros and other settings.

That did it! You the man!