Female Plate Armor

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Female Plate Armor

Post by Taboo »

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56537

^ I posted this some time back, and Kaivan came to my keep where we worked on some armor issues.

One thing that was noted from that meeting, female plate armor was "covering" more areas than it was supposed to.

I have been pouring over patch notes and I can't find one reason this particular piece of armor should be so OP.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Female Plate Armor

Post by Roser »

Not a bug. Works like this on the demo and stratics also categorizes the female chest armor in more then the chest category.

After doing many hours of clothing and armor layer testing I have found some very unique uses for female armor, learned how to protect most clothing from damage, and have a new found respect for regular leather armor.

I encourage you to look at the stats of all these armor pieces on stratics. You think of this as so OP right now, but you are missing the major weaknesses to wearing female armor. Durability is half that of male armor and the chance to take durability damage per hit is greatly increased.

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

Roser wrote: After doing many hours of clothing and armor layer testing I have found some very unique uses for female armor, learned how to protect most clothing from damage, and have a new found respect for regular leather armor.
Go outside.

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Roser wrote:Not a bug. Works like this on the demo and stratics also categorizes the female chest armor in more then the chest category.

After doing many hours of clothing and armor layer testing I have found some very unique uses for female armor, learned how to protect most clothing from damage, and have a new found respect for regular leather armor.

I encourage you to look at the stats of all these armor pieces on stratics. You think of this as so OP right now, but you are missing the major weaknesses to wearing female armor. Durability is half that of male armor and the chance to take durability damage per hit is greatly increased.
I have been doing some research, and I'm very aware you use female plate hidden by a cloth tunic. .... just so you are aware, those pricey blessed tunics aren't nearly as protected as you believe. Since female plate covers so much, its durability and AR drop lightning fast. In other words, a macer could easily start dealing damage to your tunic compared to if it was being protected by other armors.

I am searching for specific information with in this era on where female plate is supposed to cover, regardless of demo. If anyone has any links to share, that would be great.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I've been counseling people on female AR for at least 4 month's now, its not a secret nerd.

Yes the bless tunics I wear are fully protected and cannot take any damage whatsoever so long as I have female ar, a shirt, or a fancy shirt on. If those three things break and I am only wearing the tunic, then yes it will take damage.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Rose's nonsense, who cares, bs aside.

If you go to stratics from anywhere in the era, http://web.archive.org/web/199910080006 ... /armor.htm

Some body armor is only suppose to cover TWO parts. Those parts would be body and arms.

It says so very plainly at the bottom.

As far as wanna-be know it all rose is concerned; I tested, and the tunics takes damage before the armor actually breaks. :roll:

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Don't forget the Demo and the lack of patch notes that cite any kind of change. If you could get Kaivan to chime in on this it would be great.

As far as your testing layer damage on the tunic, good for you! that's super special. If anyone is interested I will have a layering guide with test data posted probably next month or so.

Anyway, I came in here trying to help with the information that I have. I can see your "entitled child" temper shining through as you become more and more upset with each post.. So.. Ill leave ya to it.

Nancy boy.