Locked down chests missing items

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Padan Fain

Locked down chests missing items

Post by Padan Fain »

Upon logging in this evening I discovered that almost three of my, "lock down" chests had been cleared out of contents. When logging out last night I had made no changes to these three chests and what is even more disturbing is that everything is gone except for a dying tub, ID wand and a bag full of reagents. Now if someone were to actually utilize a bug/exploit on these locked down chests, then why would you leave a bag full of reagents?
Blavod_3-27_21.05-1.jpg
I am doubtful that someone used an exploit, but is this possible and has this been a reported problem in the past on the shard? Also if this was not a bug/exploit, has this occurred that items inside locked-down chests or boxes can simply disappear?

What truly sucks is that I lost a decent silver bow and a few of just force. Reagents, picks, shovels, arrows etc., that stuff can be replaced but not the unique magical items.

Simply put I just need to know what could have possibly happened and am I alone in this happening. On top of that, what can I do to prevent this from possibly happening again?

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Locked down chests missing items

Post by Jill Stihl »

On the assumption I've understood this correctly -

Anybody can remove items from a locked down container if they can reach it. Only locked down and secure containers are safe from theft.

If your door is unlocked that small crate could be emptied by anybody who walks in. The chests behind the table barrier are also too close to the barrier to be safe from prying. You really should have at least one clear space between your barrier and any valuables.

Edit - Unrelated but also you should consider moving your game window to the top left of the screen. Not having it there can make house placement impossible due to the way placing works.