UOSA Donor!!

Stealing

Post by MatronDeWinter »

REPORTED ISSUE:
Stealing

ISSUE DETAILS:
From this patch..
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?t ... atch_Notes
The more armor you are wearing, the harder it will be to steal.
I always understood this to be
Used Stealing skill =(Stealing - Armor),
so a person with 40 ar, and GM stealing would only have an effective skill of 60, but I have no idea how to clarify this.
Being reported for murder whilst a member of the Thieves Guild will result in summary expulsion, and you will not be able to rejoin for at least one week.
You should have to wait a week (at least) and have 0 long term counts, I'm not positive, but I believe currently you can re-join once your counts have expired.

About disguise kits (this one is really annoying currently).
All changes will last for 2 hours.
Right now, if a disguised thief dies, the kit expires. If you go into war mode, people immediately know who you really are. Likewise they can also use another ghost to see you.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS:
N/A

STEPS TO RECREATE:
N/A

EXPECTED RESULTS:
Implimentation of the noted features.

DATE REPORTED:
Fri, July 10, 2009

Open

DATE STATUS CHANGED:

Derrick

Re: Stealing

Post by Derrick »

The first two reports are verified and are being implemented for the next publish.

I'd like to find more info on the disguise kit, did it really persist though death?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

It used to be a huge macro/option - resetting nightmare.

Here I can just commit suicide before logging out.

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

I am very sure that disguise kits were not influenced by deaths, and wore off only after 2 hours of time in game (or by reapplication by the user).

Valhoppen

Post by Valhoppen »

I want to add this. Because I am pretty sure that the disguise kit didn't wear off after death. I always remember it being 2 hours no matter what.

Unless that was the UO:R version, but I highly doubt that because that time period thieves started to disappear. So I pretty sure that the disguise kit did not wear off after death.

I also like to add that if your character has long hair and a beard. If you add a lets say a different beard your entire hair changes to white. What I noticed is that my beard turned white, yet my other color of hair remained the same. I am not sure if that is how it worked, I think that once you put on a disguise color it changed your entire hair white.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The disguise kit wearing off on death will be fixed in next publish.

Not sure yet about the hair hue issue.

Thanks for the bump on this.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

According to both my recollection and the function of disguise kits on live UO, when a character dies the disguise kit is removed. Also, there are no patch notes that note any change to the disguise kit's functionality on the UO website, or on our wiki.

A side test can be conducted while using incognito on the demo to see if the disguise is removed on death, which may indicate very similar functionality to the way that the disguise kits would have been treated, but it might be some time before the test can be conducted.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I did a lot of forum crawling this morning on disguise kits and there was much talk of having to wait two hours before the disguise wore off, and how annoying it was, and how it messes up all your macros because of the name change, but I found no reference anywhere to it being removed on death.

I think testing of Incognito on the demo would be very helpful in this, as well as assuring that the incognito spell is currently working properly.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Is the AR thing in effect? If so, does the rule also apply to the Protection/Arch Protection spells?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Arkosh Kovasz wrote:Is the AR thing in effect? If so, does the rule also apply to the Protection/Arch Protection spells?
The AR factor does effect stealing, but much (~exactly~) the same way that Armor effects meditation, in that clothing AR is not considered, and leather armor less so than plate for example.

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Derrick wrote:
Arkosh Kovasz wrote:Is the AR thing in effect? If so, does the rule also apply to the Protection/Arch Protection spells?
The AR factor does effect stealing, but much (~exactly~) the same way that Armor effects meditation, in that clothing AR is not considered, and leather armor less so than plate for example.
From the Wiki:
* Casting the protection spell upon yourself will increase your AR but will not have any influence on your ability to meditate.
So is the formula in the OP the way to calculate your stealing effectiveness, or is there no exact way to tell how much the armor your wearing is hurting your stealing skill?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The formula in the OP would be a rough guideline, but clothing and spell effects are not considered

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

What about shields?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Arkosh Kovasz wrote:What about shields?
Shield AR does effect med rate, apparently it didn't after AOS though

Edit: Oops this was about stealing. Same answer though except for the AOS stuff in which I have no idea for stealing.
Last edited by Derrick on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: oops

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”