So I started a Tailor...

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Derrick

Re: So I started a Tailor...

Post by Derrick »

Aye, that's correct. This is verification that the prices we have are within our timeframe.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Derrick wrote:Aye, that's correct. This is verification that the prices we have are within our timeframe.
Well, more time for the Honey Do List then.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Indeed :)
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

First time reviewing this thread... would have looked into it if I had known about the topic.

Here is the information provided in the patch note thread for this too...
Faust wrote:The original patch that made reds not be able to log didn't last long after it was patched in August. There is a more updated version that is well before our time frame in September.
Mini Update (Sept 1) Nov 16 1999 5:03PM CST - http://update.uo.com/design_26.html wrote:Murderers (reds) who are not flagged as criminals or aggressors will be able to instantly log out of the game while in their house or in an inn.
There is also one for criminals and aggressors(which we are already using I believe) in the same note.
Mini Update (Sept 1) Nov 16 1999 5:03PM CST - http://update.uo.com/design_26.html wrote:Characters that are flagged as criminals or aggressors will no longer be able to instantly log out of the game while in their house or in an inn
You can blow me later tonight for this one Templar. :wink:

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks for this, this is accurate to this mornings changes.

For Blues, logging out in a house is subject to a 30 second cool down timer.
For Red's, the logout delay for a house works the same as that for an Inn.
Faust wrote:First time reviewing this thread... would have looked into it if I had known about the topic.

Here is the information provided in the patch note thread for this too...
Faust wrote:The original patch that made reds not be able to log didn't last long after it was patched in August. There is a more updated version that is well before our time frame in September.
Mini Update (Sept 1) Nov 16 1999 5:03PM CST - http://update.uo.com/design_26.html wrote:Murderers (reds) who are not flagged as criminals or aggressors will be able to instantly log out of the game while in their house or in an inn.
There is also one for criminals and aggressors(which we are already using I believe) in the same note.
Mini Update (Sept 1) Nov 16 1999 5:03PM CST - http://update.uo.com/design_26.html wrote:Characters that are flagged as criminals or aggressors will no longer be able to instantly log out of the game while in their house or in an inn
You can blow me later tonight for this one Templar. :wink:

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

Hello there, this is my first post on this forum, and I do not have my account created yet.

I am planning to create one, and I was happy to see some concerns raised about the price of the tailoring items. In all seriousness, this is the straw that broke the camel's back in 1999 and prompted me to cancel my UO account and never return. (The game had begun the transition towards forcing everyone to go dongeons or other activities outside towns, which I hated as I was a city guy... I had other characters for outside thing and I hated taking the same skills on multiple characters).

I have seen much publicity on your shard (mostly in UO videos and discussions on youtube), and I decided to investigate. So happy to meet everyone and if my question is answered positively, you'll see me in-game soon ! :mrgreen:

My Question : Has the price of Tailoring items (mainly the 'spool of thread') fixed to a more reasonable price than the outrageous 18-21gp it was in the original game ? (up from the original 3gp per, which wasnt an imbalance in my book, if compared to other professions). If not, any chance of having this adressed ?

My joining the shard depends on that alone. I loved tailoring to death, and I wish to replay UO as one.
Thank you.
-- Francois424

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

I just checked this out and a spool of thread is priced at 21gp from the tailors.

Before you leave though, there is a huge amount of cheap cloth available from players due to the many sheep farms people are running (sheep trapped in a house and regularly sheared), if that helps with your cost concerns.

It really is a great server BTW, you should give it a shot :)

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

Appreciate the tought, and yes, I know I could probably do this thing another way such as shearing my own sheeps for wool (there's a nice spot that I know of near moonglow t2a entrance). But I just wanted to chill in town (at least until I can own a house or something) like I always did before, eitherin moonglow or New Magincia's tailor shop, and crank out something like 3-7k/hour while raising my skills.

That is why I quit when they raised the price, not because I didnt have gold, or was broke, or didnt have other means of substenance... but rather because what I really enjoyed in the game was now imposible to do effectively. Looks like unfortunately, it is the same here. I was really hopefull of T2A, because in T2A for the majority spools were around 3-5gp. Tell you what, I going to favorite this internet page (this tread), and if I see that the spool and other tailoring cloth stuff is down to a more reasonable price (8gp as someone suggested is pretty good actually, in case anyone has anything against the original 3gp/per); then I'm joining right away.

That being said, it *IS* tempting to give this game another shot, so I might just do that in the future. But for the moment, I'll just wait.
EDIT: Or I shall install it, create an account, then mess around in-game. Going to go with a female toon named Marianna... obviously, I still want the damn tread to be cheaper, heh.

Nice meeting you btw
-- Francois

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

I might be wrong about this, but I remember buying FLAX at town merchant, then converting the FLAX into ultimately cloth. I checked yesterday, and there was no FLAX for sale on the vendor (admittingly I was in Delucia, correct me if there arent any in T2A zones).

Will FLAX be added to vendor ? It would only be fair as it's a better option than buying threads@21gp or Cotton@122gp

Thank you.