I've always wanted to solo a Balron

Moderator: Support Moderators

Chaka

I've always wanted to solo a Balron

Post by Chaka »

But I've never done it. What is the best template for this? If not best what is the fastest template that will get me there? Any advice for Balron hunting? Please share.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: I've always wanted to solo a Balron

Post by Mikel123 »

Any warrior with magical armor (fortification or invulnerability) will give you a good shot. Magic plate armor is generally pretty cheap.

Since the Balron doesn't poison you that much, parrying is also a fine choice.

Best template:

Magery
Macing
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Magic Resist
Parrying

Fastest template:
Swords/Mace/Fencing
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing

Chaka

Post by Chaka »

Thanks, Mikel. How high should the magery/resist be before I try to take one down?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

You don't need the magery at all, actually, since you'll never be casting on yourself during the fight. If you had 100 Magery and your 7th skill was Wrestling, as opposed to Parry, you might consider using it in the fight. I just included it for its overall helpfulness, for Recalling to the Balrons, etc.

As for resist... entirely up to you. Anatomy can hit GM via a macro in a couple days. Healing can hit GM very quickly if you use a Magical Wizard's hat to remove 5 HPs and then heal that, over and over, to 60.0 skill. Then poison yourself (or something else) and heal that from 60 to 80. Then set up an alt as a ghost and try to resurrect it from 80 to 100. All in all this takes about 10k bandages, plus nightshade to cast Poison.

Once you have GM Healing and Anatomy, you can very quickly and cheaply get resist to 55 by running through Fire Fields that you cast. I suppose 55 is sufficient for a balron if you just want to rush into this.

The most important thing is to GM the four skills I mentioned, and get high-end magic armor. And I'd suggest using a one-handed weapon, so you can be chugging potions as appropriate (especially orange potions; if you waste a bandage curing poison, you're either going to die or spend a bunch of time running from the balron and waiting for another bandage or two to finish.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

That surely is one way to do it. There's another hassle free way, you only need a mage high enough to not miss 6th circ, and be able to cast 8th circ from scroll.

Buy an EV scroll, have some invis jewelry at hand, and get there.

Precast para, rush in, drop para, cast EV from scroll right beside the Balron, put on invis jewlry, wait 1 sec, take it off and don't move, cast invis on yourself. Wait for DP to take over, it'll most likely cure with about 10% left. 2 or 3 EB's should get the job done.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

Pirul's right, even my miner with 73 magery, 0 resists, 0 eval, and only about 60 med, can kill a balron really easily with just paralyze and an EV scroll. Even when the balron dispels the EV he'll still almost always die from the EV's poison or not cure until he's very low on health.

Return to “New Player Help”