Resist

Moderator: Support Moderators

jk91289

Resist

Post by jk91289 »

Now with the new patch I'm assuming resist sessions wont work. Good thing im at 93 from before the change, but i cant get higher no matter what i do. I checked to see if I had room for the skill and i do. I honestly think theres a problem with the resist gains, like a glitch idk.... help :3

Bruno_Steelhart

Re: Resist

Post by Bruno_Steelhart »

resist still works just time consuming. I gm'ed 2 chars in the last week make sure you are outside the guardzone and just hammer yourself with flamestrike. You can use a different character to cast if you want takes about the same amount of time and eval does not matter.

SVrider

Post by SVrider »

and if all else fails brotha, try going to church. that is how i 7x gm'd all 91 of my other chars back in the day.
RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

I GM'd Resist last friday. I think from 95-GM I went through about 7500 of each FS reg.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

Commodore Axavious

Post by Commodore Axavious »

You might as well check out the resist calculator...

http://www.uosecondage.com/stratics/UOS ... ulator.htm

...see if you even need those last seven points. According to the calc, the average damage of an ebolt on 100 resist will be 24. Average damage against 93? 24. The only difference is 1 dam off the max. Sure, you'll lose about 7% chance to half the damage, but... well, I suppose it's about your priorities.

If you're going for 7xGM, vanilla tank mage or something, then you might as well grind for that last 100, but... lets say you have two skills at 80 and one at 40, that kind of thing... those seven points could get moved around. I know I'm alone in my thinking around here, but if you do the math, resist does not do anything too spectacular, pound for pound. I wouldn't spend the time and money, because for me, 93 is just as good as 100. Hell, so is 90. With 90 resist, you cannot be killed outright by an explosion-flamestrike combo. Sure, a hally-wack immediately afterward would take you out, but the same thing would happen if your resist is 100. Resist for me is about being jump-proof (or jump-resistant), so 90 is just fine.

jk91289

Post by jk91289 »

I see.. and what about the poisoning skill? if I gm it, and I cast poison on a pk will it make my poison as nasty as a silver serpents? like will it kill his ability to cast and diminish health fast until he cures himself?

Commodore Axavious

Post by Commodore Axavious »

Actually, I'm afraid the skill Poisoning only effect the process of applying poison from a bottle onto a weapon here. It has no effect on the spell. The spell is governed by Magery and Evaluate Int, all the normal stuff, but you're right about its applications. It's one of my favorite spells, especially for low-skill magic builds, or for cheap mofos like myself who don't want to carry around anything more than a few nightshade.

Though, I don't think it will "kill" their ability to cast, but it will certainly throw a wrench in there.

Return to “New Player Help”