Advice for Bard build

Moderator: Support Moderators

violator
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Advice for Bard build

Post by violator »

I have two characters that are primarily bards.

One of them is a work in progress, but she has Anatomy in addition to Tactics and Swordsmanship, with enough Magery to recall without fizzling. She can kill Ettins in 3 - 4 hits with the halberd.

The other is a bit more "traditional" with Skills as follows:

GM Musicianship
GM Provocation
GM Magery
GM Resist
GM Meditation
GM Evaluate Intelligence
GM Wrestling

They're both great for making money, but the first one has nearly killed would be PKs who bounce their Paralyze spell off her Resist, and then take a halberd hit or two before they recall out.
Death smiles at us all, but all a man can do is smile back.

violator
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by violator »

Festus wrote:anyone use a provo dexer? Just wonder as I am building a provo something. Not sure but I heard a provo dexer was good for farming gold for starting up.
Sort of...

I just made a post about my two primary bards, one of them has 100 Dex instead of 100 Int, and GM Anatomy and Tactics to go along with GM Swordsmanship.
Death smiles at us all, but all a man can do is smile back.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Festus wrote:anyone use a provo dexer? Just wonder as I am building a provo something. Not sure but I heard a provo dexer was good for farming gold for starting up.
Please see (you must be logged-in to view these pages): Other Professions, Skald/Harper/Bladesinger, but also Gypsy; Professions of Virtue, Bard.

The "cheapest, most down-and-dirty" Provocation build is one form or other of "Provo-Dexxer": aside from training-up, the best builds for this are Harper and Gypsy (more control over kills with the bow; no armor or leet gear to lose if PK'd); Skald/Bladesinger is easier/cheaper to get started, but with greater loss if PK'd.

Food for thought?

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.