Getting MiBs Efficiently

Moderator: Support Moderators

jerryrelease
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Getting MiBs Efficiently

Post by jerryrelease »

Hey,

What is the most widely used method for fishing up your MiBs efficiently (time wise)? Do you have boats parked around and recall to them based on the co-ords? Just sail around to them with a single boat? Multiple accounts?

JR

jerryrelease
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Getting MiBs Efficiently

Post by jerryrelease »

Or open them all at once - get all the co-ords on UOAM overlayed and hit a bunch? COmbined with another method?

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

jerryrelease wrote:Or open them all at once - get all the co-ords on UOAM overlayed and hit a bunch?.....
^That plus having three or four boats parked around the map to recall to is how I do them.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

I get 300+ and put 50 per pouch, 2 pouches per different colored bag. I then enter the coords into a spreadsheet that generates a UOAM file (entering into UOAM directly is sucktastic). Using a single boat is plenty efficient doing that many at a time.
Attachments
bags.jpg
bags.jpg (88.76 KiB) Viewed 7987 times
uoam.jpg

jerryrelease
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by jerryrelease »

Hey, could you PM a spreadsheet example?

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Formula (formatted for openoffice -- probably need to modify for excel):

Code: Select all

="+mib: " & ROUND($B2*(5120/360)+1323+IF($B2<-93;5120;0)) & " " & ROUND(-$A2*(4096/360)+1624+IF($A2>142;4096;0)) & " 1 " & $C2
Only need to enter the major coordinates, the minutes aren't really necessary. I use negative numbers for S/W, positive for N/E. The "Bag Order" is whatever you want the point to be identified as -- I use a single letter for the bag color, followed by pouch number (1 or 2), followed by the SOS in that pouch by order (01 to 50; so I can fix any I mess up as I find them).

To make the UOAM file just make sure the first line is "3", then cut & paste the last column as it appears.
Attachments
sheet.jpg
sheet.jpg (27.9 KiB) Viewed 7974 times

liinniejj

Post by liinniejj »

mind explaining where to input the file in uoam as i cant seem to find where to put the spreadsheet file

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

liinniejj wrote:mind explaining where to input the file in uoam as i cant seem to find where to put the spreadsheet file
You need to create and add it to your own 'SOS.map' file (eg. with notepad), place it in your UOAM directory ('Program Files/UOAM' or thereabouts I think) and enable the map in UOAM (Map -> Additional Settings -> Files).

The file starts with a '3', then just copy/paste the entire last column into the file you made.

Once the file is created and added into UOAM, you can replace the contents or append new locations onto the end all you like (again, in your editor of choice). Just close UOAM first.

Return to “New Player Help”