a cow: *looks furious*
You see: Ceara
You see: Raikkonen
Whom do you wish to incite?
'You play your music, inciting anger, and it begins to look furious. Whom do you wish it to attack?
You play poorly, and there is no effect.
You are dead.
You see: a cat
You see: a cow
If guards were present shouldn't they show up in the log? I don't know, I'm asking...
Dartacalus

iamreallysquall

Re: Help me understand how I was town killed

Post by iamreallysquall »

strange are you on irc ? http://www.uosecondage.com/Chat if you could pm that would be sweet curious about exactly what happened here
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

That is super odd, and debunks my guards theory. There is also no peace message, so it was not that either. I blame Kimi Raikkonen for everything then. :P
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

elhorno
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by elhorno »

How do we know the peacemaking wasn't earlier in the log? I count like 20 seconds of log there.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

elhorno wrote:How do we know the peacemaking wasn't earlier in the log? I count like 20 seconds of log there.
Clearly each provoke (looks furious) is 10 second intervals..
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I'm not sure if you get the XX is attacking you when someone pot bombs you, but simplyl by seeing the number of times Raikkonen popped up between provo intervals, I'd assume he gate-bombed you.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

iamreallysquall

Sandro wrote:
elhorno wrote:How do we know the peacemaking wasn't earlier in the log? I count like 20 seconds of log there.
Clearly each provoke (looks furious) is 10 second intervals..
wrong ...........

also if someone "Gate bombed him" he would have a gump for murder. a grey mobile killed him id bet 40k on it. and i bet i know why there was 0 message for peacemake they most likely used invis instead and moved the mob or due to the location he was in i know the line of sight in their is crap. i pmed him about it :)

Soleil

Post by Soleil »

I hope you don't mind that I'm using this thread to post my question. Didn't want to open another town kill thread.

I never knew much about town killing and I recently got killed in a shop in moonglow with 2 NPCs nearby. I didn't have a "Guard" shout in my macro because I thought the NPCs being that close is enough. After some time I got back and saw my char dead and looted. It would be nice if some of the experienced players could comment on this. Why did the NPCs 2 which were max 3-4 tiles away from my char not react to the killing and looting?

thx in advance.

iamreallysquall

Soleil wrote:I hope you don't mind that I'm using this thread to post my question. Didn't want to open another town kill thread.

I never knew much about town killing and I recently got killed in a shop in moonglow with 2 NPCs nearby. I didn't have a "Guard" shout in my macro because I thought the NPCs being that close is enough. After some time I got back and saw my char dead and looted. It would be nice if some of the experienced players could comment on this. Why did the NPCs 2 which were max 3-4 tiles away from my char not react to the killing and looting?

thx in advance.
npcs shouting once is not enough to save you if someone knows what they are doing

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

I'll add this in to help other new players that might stumble across this thread:

Regarding NPCs calling guards:

The NPC's proximity to YOU is not what triggers the guard response.

It's the NPC's proximity to the ATTACKER that triggers the guard response.

You can have 10 NPCs standing on top of you, and if a potential attacker can initiate the attack from beyond the NPC's "guard call" range, you're going to die. It is best to add a "guards" line to your macro (preferably with a condition that states if your HP drop below a certain amount you call guards, as no to spam). Don't rely on NPC's to keep you safe. Furthermore, a "guards" line in your macro is only going to keep casual TKers away. Determined ones will just gate-hop purple potion you to death.

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

chances are you was provoking and someone let the animal out. it slowly killed you. Ive died loads of time in north brit stable from pot bombs or pets getting released. also I've had people herd the animal away, tame it, then lead it back making me get guard whacked. it's T2a there a 100 ways to get killed in town.....

add to your macro.....

if
>hp <=yourHP -1
say: Help I'm under attack!
else

then your know if anyone messes with you on your journal.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

simplest way to avoid getting griefed is macro somewhere really out of the way. there are large towns, where 90% of the area is largely unused like yew, nujelm, vesper, minoc and there are a ton of places to set up provoke macros.

you can macro for weeks on end and not get griefed once.. i really dont know why people try to combat afk killers with guard lines and insist on macroing in places like brit stables, brit bank, moonglow zoo. makes zero sense. why don't you just replace that guard line with "GRIEF ME PLZ", it's about just as effective.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

iamreallysquall

nightshark wrote:simplest way to avoid getting griefed is macro somewhere really out of the way. there are large towns, where 90% of the area is largely unused like yew, nujelm, vesper, minoc and there are a ton of places to set up provoke macros.

you can macro for weeks on end and not get griefed once.. i really dont know why people try to combat afk killers with guard lines and insist on macroing in places like brit stables, brit bank, moonglow zoo. makes zero sense. why don't you just replace that guard line with "GRIEF ME PLZ", it's about just as effective.
^ speaks the truth then again certain people will check those spots as well get a free small house as a noob if you really need