Solo hunting as a tamer with drags

Moderator: Support Moderators

randale

Solo hunting as a tamer with drags

Post by randale »

I'm guessing if you were hunting with your drags it would be pretty easy for you to get Pk'd as well as your drags, 3 Pkers casting EV's, or a dexxer when you're a mage would make short work of you.

But, what about bringing a lot of drags? If they are set to guard you wouldn't three Pkers (not being tamers themselves, in this case) have a hard time against 6, 7 or 8 drags?

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Solo hunting as a tamer with drags

Post by Soma »

randale wrote:I'm guessing if you were hunting with your drags it would be pretty easy for you to get Pk'd as well as your drags, 3 Pkers casting EV's, or a dexxer when you're a mage would make short work of you.

But, what about bringing a lot of drags? If they are set to guard you wouldn't three Pkers (not being tamers themselves, in this case) have a hard time against 6, 7 or 8 drags?
It acts as a great deterrent as a dragon turret can easily destroy any other player, however since the "all kill" function will only select one dragon at a time, it's pretty difficult to coordinate an effective kill.

Besides, any PK with significant field experience has invis rings bound which will cause drags to instantly detarget, providing enough time to finish the unfortunate tamer.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

randale wrote:But, what about bringing a lot of drags? If they are set to guard you wouldn't three Pkers (not being tamers themselves, in this case) have a hard time against 6, 7 or 8 drags?
Three would not, but one would.

My general rule of thumb is to not use more than three dragons at once. Even two sufficient. More than that and I'm making a big risk (in terms of amount of time to tame them) for very little benefit... three dragons can kill nearly anything just as fast as six can. Besides Balrons and Ancient Wyrms, I suppose, which are never really the best monster for money making due to their slower spawn rate.

And, unless I know I'm against just one PK, I'll usually just gate out. 100 mana and 3 dragons cannot compete with 200 mana.

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

One. Single. Wyrm. Cruelly abandoning a single pet when I bash my escape hotkey > gating it out and dying in the process.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

xevec
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by xevec »

I agree with Chainsoar.

randale

Post by randale »

And, unless I know I'm against just one PK, I'll usually just gate out. 100 mana and 3 dragons cannot compete with 200 mana.
[/quote]

Yeah, new problem I just learned, the gate can be dispelled, not sure whether it requires dispel field (at least that's what he was using) and the hassle of getting your drags to actually listen to you and come through the gate, assuming he doesn't dispel it before you can get through it.

Return to “New Player Help”