All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Reagent respawns in shops
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:27 pm 
Offline
User Rep: Fair
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:42 pm
Posts: 791
Sometimes it can be frustrating when you can't get enough of what you need. Let's say it's at one of the Moonglow shops where someone/some people have just bought out every reagent, how long will it takes for all of the respawn to 999?

Last night I was trying to get 1200 of pearl, root and ash to macro with. I went first to Moonglow, not enough, then Vesper, then Britain (all three shops at each town) Serpent's hold, Ocollo, Magicia(sp?) then back to Moonglow, where they were 999 each in stock, didn't time it between the first and second trips to moonglow though.


Top
 
These Support SecondAge
Links open a new window.
UOSA Donors & Subscribers do not receive these ads.

 Post subject: Re: Reagent respawns in shops
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:58 pm 
Offline
User Rep: Unsung
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:55 pm
Posts: 13
I'm new myself but if i recall from back when I played UO, they should restock every hour and the amount they have depends on how much they sold last hour. I know it used to double every hour if they sold out the previous one, and would reset to 10 if not. This was back in the day and on live servers.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Reagent respawns in shops
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:58 am 
Offline
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
User avatar
User Rep: Unsung
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:28 pm
Posts: 294
I'll break down reg respawns for you. Regs respawn every 30 minutes as long as you clear out the reg you're looking to respawn. The regs double in portion as long as you clear them out.

For example... Let's say the reagents have started fresh for the day. This means they'll be at 20 each. Let's say you show up at 10:07 and buy all 20 black pearl. This means the black pearl will respawn at 10:37 at 40. And so on and so forth. This means you will need to clear the regs a total of 7 times to get all the way to 999. If you leave even 1 or 2 black pearl remaining, they will not respawn.

Hope this helps... if it doesn't, feel free to ask me to clarify further.

_________________
Image
<<Gharik Darkmoor, Keeper of the Mausoleum and Lord of Bones of The Shadow Council, UWL>>
*Grandmaster Scribe for Hire*


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Reagent respawns in shops
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
User Rep: Trustworthy
Trustworthy
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:19 pm
Posts: 5754
Location: New Windmere
OneEyedJack wrote:
I'll break down reg respawns for you. Regs respawn every 30 minutes as long as you clear out the reg you're looking to respawn. The regs double in portion as long as you clear them out.

For example... Let's say the reagents have started fresh for the day. This means they'll be at 20 each. Let's say you show up at 10:07 and buy all 20 black pearl. This means the black pearl will respawn at 10:37 at 40. And so on and so forth. This means you will need to clear the regs a total of 7 times to get all the way to 999. If you leave even 1 or 2 black pearl remaining, they will not respawn.

Hope this helps... if it doesn't, feel free to ask me to clarify further.

Not entirely true, they WILL respawn, just not double. They will actually halve.

So, expanding the same example, let's say you bought 20 pearl and 10 root at 10:07, at 10:37 the vendor will respawn 40 pearl and 20 root. If at that time you buy 38 pearl and 20 root, then at 11:07 the vendor will respawn with 20 pearl (it will half the original amount) and 40 root (since it was bought out).

This is of course, assuming no one else is buying out those products.

_________________
Image
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Reagent respawns in shops
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:57 pm 
Offline
User Rep: Fair
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:42 pm
Posts: 791
Pirul wrote:
OneEyedJack wrote:
I'll break down reg respawns for you. Regs respawn every 30 minutes as long as you clear out the reg you're looking to respawn. The regs double in portion as long as you clear them out.

For example... Let's say the reagents have started fresh for the day. This means they'll be at 20 each. Let's say you show up at 10:07 and buy all 20 black pearl. This means the black pearl will respawn at 10:37 at 40. And so on and so forth. This means you will need to clear the regs a total of 7 times to get all the way to 999. If you leave even 1 or 2 black pearl remaining, they will not respawn.

Hope this helps... if it doesn't, feel free to ask me to clarify further.

Not entirely true, they WILL respawn, just not double. They will actually halve.

So, expanding the same example, let's say you bought 20 pearl and 10 root at 10:07, at 10:37 the vendor will respawn 40 pearl and 20 root. If at that time you buy 38 pearl and 20 root, then at 11:07 the vendor will respawn with 20 pearl (it will half the original amount) and 40 root (since it was bought out).

This is of course, assuming no one else is buying out those products.


and what happens say if a reg is at 999 and someone buys it out, will it respawn later at 20 again?


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Reagent respawns in shops
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
User Rep: Trustworthy
Trustworthy
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:19 pm
Posts: 5754
Location: New Windmere
Nope, it will continue respawning at 999 as long as it keeps being bought out every 30 minutes.

_________________
Image
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay


Top
 

 Post subject: .
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:48 am 
Offline
User Rep: Scoundrel
 Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:39 pm
Posts: 1168
.


Last edited by Telamon on Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Reagent respawns in shops
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:53 am 
Offline
User Rep: Fair
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:42 pm
Posts: 791
And does this apply to everything in stores that NPC vendors sell, not just regs?


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Reagent respawns in shops
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:18 am 
Offline
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
User avatar
User Rep: Trustworthy
Trustworthy
 Profile

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:57 pm
Posts: 671
I happen to know that kindling only refreshes every 1 hour :D.. arrows and crossbow bolts too? (I don't know if it is item specific or shop specific--I'm too lazy to test it)

_________________
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Reagent respawns in shops
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
User Rep: Trustworthy
Trustworthy
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:19 pm
Posts: 5754
Location: New Windmere
Only mage shops/alchys respawn every 30 mins, the rest respawn every hour.

_________________
Image
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Reagent respawns in shops
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:36 am 
Offline
User Rep: Fair
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:42 pm
Posts: 791
has it changed from 30 minutes to something else? I came back to a shop where I had bought out a particular reg, almost 30 minutes later, no new reg. I came back 2 minutes after, still none, 2 minutes again, still none, unless someone got there RIGHT before me and bought them out


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Reagent respawns in shops
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:45 pm 
Offline
User Rep: Fair
 Profile

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:28 pm
Posts: 77
I always thought it was every 60 minutes, not every 30 minutes. I'm almost positive other vendors I buy from are on a 60 minute timer, though I haven't tried to time it for reagents specifically.

That being said, I've noticed Sunday weekends are also a popular time for some people to automate the buying process so they can keep their reg vendors stocked. It's always possible they were purchased in that 2 minute window. Unless you tried EVERY mage vendor in every town. If you did, I'm pretty sure they just didn't restock yet.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Reagent respawns in shops
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:16 am 
Offline
User Rep: Fair
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:42 pm
Posts: 791
FakeEcaj wrote:
I always thought it was every 60 minutes, not every 30 minutes. I'm almost positive other vendors I buy from are on a 60 minute timer, though I haven't tried to time it for reagents specifically.

That being said, I've noticed Sunday weekends are also a popular time for some people to automate the buying process so they can keep their reg vendors stocked. It's always possible they were purchased in that 2 minute window. Unless you tried EVERY mage vendor in every town. If you did, I'm pretty sure they just didn't restock yet.


I just finished a huge nightshade buying binge, bought 60K by cleaning out every shop, EXCEPT Papua and Delucia, and sometimes (several actually) the hidden valley vendor was dead.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Reagent respawns in shops
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:47 pm 
Offline
User Rep: Fair
 Profile

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:28 pm
Posts: 77
Nice! Out of curiosity, while in the process of that, did you notice if it was a 30 min or 60 min timer for vendors to refresh their reagent supply?


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Reagent respawns in shops
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:49 pm 
Offline
User Rep: Fair
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:42 pm
Posts: 791
FakeEcaj wrote:
Nice! Out of curiosity, while in the process of that, did you notice if it was a 30 min or 60 min timer for vendors to refresh their reagent supply?


What I'm going to do is buy some and do a 30 and 60 minute recording I think of an avi with razor. As soon as I can get the bugs worked out. I use VLC to play them and the colors are messed up, it's upside down, etc. It gives me more options than the packet video does which I'll need.

This way I can see if they really do refresh every 30, 60 minutes, and if anyone comes in to buy regs I'll see them.


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Support Second Age: These links Open in a New Window

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Extended by Karma MOD © 2007—2012 m157y