How do I go about selling magic items?

Moderator: Support Moderators

jimmypoopins

How do I go about selling magic items?

Post by jimmypoopins »

Hi everyone, I've been having fun doing level 1 treasure maps and barding and collecting random magic items. Today I decided to ID all of them, and followed this guide:

viewtopic.php?p=322739#p322739

Which leaves me with two questions:

1. If I find items that are possibly worth something, how do I go about selling them? I don't have a house I can place a vendor at or anything, so I wasn't exactly sure. The following are the items I thought might be worth anything:

silver substantial eminently accurately large battle axe
silver durable halberd of ruin
baseinet of fortification
pickaxe of vanquishing
surpassingly accurate hammer pick of vanishing
wand of greater healing (7 charges)

And how do I price these? I know they're (most likely) worth something, but what should I price them at once I know where to sell them?

2. What do I do with the other items that are crappy? Are they even worth vendoring? I feel like it would take a lot of time to travel to vendors to sell them and wouldn't even be worth my time, especially since I have to travel to specialized vendors and stuff.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Pirul

Re: How do I go about selling magic items?

Post by Pirul »

1.- Do you have a blacksmith? If so, just smelt them and use the ingots.
2.- If not, then I do suggest selling them to NPC vendors...you'd be surprised of how much gold you have there. If you do this, do it on the guy that ID'ed all the stuff, as NPC's will pay more for ID'ed items.
3.- Some of the items listed in your post are definitely useful, however they are not tremendously desirable. Might want to bundle them up and start an auction in the Trade Forum.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

jimmypoopins

Post by jimmypoopins »

Pirul wrote:1.- Do you have a blacksmith? If so, just smelt them and use the ingots.
2.- If not, then I do suggest selling them to NPC vendors...you'd be surprised of how much gold you have there. If you do this, do it on the guy that ID'ed all the stuff, as NPC's will pay more for ID'ed items.
3.- Some of the items listed in your post are definitely useful, however they are not tremendously desirable. Might want to bundle them up and start an auction in the Trade Forum.

thanks, that helps a lot. when you say bundle up, you mean sell all of them as a group?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Aye, sell them as a package.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

computersciencepdf

Post by computersciencepdf »

magic wand attachments is a book published by Jasc Software. This book consists of 6 pages and contains 4 modules.
http://computersciencepdf.com/magic-wand-attachments/

Return to “New Player Help”