4th way to town kill?

Moderator: Support Moderators

violator
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: 4th way to town kill?

Post by violator »

randale wrote:
Harris wrote:I have another answer for Nefarity...
I love the challenge of town-killing. It's so much fun figuring out new ways to pull off the old tricks and watch the aftermath. One dude was macroing at the Vesper bank. We tossed a tinker trap with a little gold in it at his feet. It blew poison on his face when his auto-loot opened the box. Also, poisoned food is a lot of fun...set a nice table, plates, silverware, cups, roast pig. When the inevitable party-pooper shows up to steal everything there is nothing better than to watch him choke to death on deadly poison.

But yeah, I played UO for like 9 months back in '99 and 2000 without even knowing anything about a macro program, so spare me the tears for someone wanting Razor to build their character for them while they sleep! (LOL, it's not easy being stupid...)
Hmm, not sure Harris is around anymore, but maybe someone else could help

1. I wonder what that person was macroing, you somehow knew it would open boxes. As for the poisoned food, there would have to be something to auto-eat, or they'd eat it later manually. I wouldn't eat food from table I looted.
There was a setting in Razor (I tried just now to find, but couldn't) that auto opened chests and crates. I forgot to turn this off once, and got killed by a trapped crate that someone dropped on a lich lord corpse. Maybe Harris was taking a chance that the person did not turn that off. Just a guess.
Death smiles at us all, but all a man can do is smile back.

PorkTornado

Post by PorkTornado »

violator wrote:
randale wrote:
Harris wrote:I have another answer for Nefarity...
I love the challenge of town-killing. It's so much fun figuring out new ways to pull off the old tricks and watch the aftermath. One dude was macroing at the Vesper bank. We tossed a tinker trap with a little gold in it at his feet. It blew poison on his face when his auto-loot opened the box. Also, poisoned food is a lot of fun...set a nice table, plates, silverware, cups, roast pig. When the inevitable party-pooper shows up to steal everything there is nothing better than to watch him choke to death on deadly poison.

But yeah, I played UO for like 9 months back in '99 and 2000 without even knowing anything about a macro program, so spare me the tears for someone wanting Razor to build their character for them while they sleep! (LOL, it's not easy being stupid...)
Hmm, not sure Harris is around anymore, but maybe someone else could help

1. I wonder what that person was macroing, you somehow knew it would open boxes. As for the poisoned food, there would have to be something to auto-eat, or they'd eat it later manually. I wouldn't eat food from table I looted.
There was a setting in Razor (I tried just now to find, but couldn't) that auto opened chests and crates. I forgot to turn this off once, and got killed by a trapped crate that someone dropped on a lich lord corpse. Maybe Harris was taking a chance that the person did not turn that off. Just a guess.
You might be thinking of "auto search new containers." It's hard to tell without asking Harris but it's possible the person macroing had scavenger and auto search on, or maybe they weren't afk macroing and picked up the box while having auto search selected.

violator
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by violator »

Yes! That's the setting I was looking for. I couldn't believe I left that on... :-(

Either way, seems worth a chance. You drop it and they have those settings turned on, they die. They come back from being AFK and open it, or someone else walks by and does it, that's also a win.
Death smiles at us all, but all a man can do is smile back.

randale

Post by randale »

Also, can you kill a guard/town NPC using the XP potion and gate method?

Fox
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fox »

Any new player having trouble getting townkilled, and I'd be happy to help you set up the restock function in razor, or let you macro in one of my empty houses.

I'd rather grow the shard and not risk killing new players.

I'd rather fight you later in the field, when you're established.

Catch me on IRC chat.

-Fox
Discord: Fox, Most of my toons http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/1899

UOSA: Nov 2010 - Nov 2011 | Aug 2012 - Oct 2012 | Oct 2016 - Present.
OSI: Summer 1998 - Summer 2008, (off and on), played all over. Home was LS. Guilds: UOF, PVP, VIP

FakeEcaj

Post by FakeEcaj »

Agreed with Fox. If anyone new sees these posts, please also feel free to PM me as well if you need a house to macro in.

At the very least, feel free to say hi so that I'll know not to kill you in town.

Grofus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Grofus »

Please stop killing me in town Ecaj.

EyeOfHorus - Today at 12:03 AM
Grofus is the man tho
Vega - Today at 12:03 AM
^ agreed
we need about 5 more Grofy's on UOSA

:D

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter