4th way to town kill?

Moderator: Support Moderators

randale

4th way to town kill?

Post by randale »

So, there's the three on the wiki, but would this one work?

Tame a bunch of giant scorpions, bring them to town of someone macroing guards, release them after surrounding them with the scorpions.

Now, what I'm not sure of is how fast the guards will kill the scorpions. If they are macroing guards say twice a second, then the guards will kill them fairly quickly, but fast enough? After the person has been poisoned (does it make it worse if they'd been poisoned multiple times by different scorpions?) the guards will kill all of the scorpion, but if they are afk, and don't have cure written into their macro, won't the poison eventually kill them?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: 4th way to town kill?

Post by Mikel123 »

It will rarely kill them. Poison damage is largely based off of % of health remaining, so the lower their health the less damage they take.

I believe giant scorpions have the strongest poison of any tame-able critter, but even then I think it's unlikely to work, unless their own macro is already dealing some amount of damage to themselves.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

It will kill people. I've seen it happen.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

randale

Post by randale »

Pirul wrote:It will kill people. I've seen it happen.
I'd be curious to know what it looked like, suppose they are 100% health, the scorpion stings em, gets guardwhacked, the next one does the same, gets guardwhacked. I'd imagine the hitpoint would get low enough for the poison to finish them off.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

A scorpion hit on an un-armored char would be enough damage to allow the poison to kill that char before it wears off. A single hit is enough.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Pirul wrote:It will kill people. I've seen it happen.
^ but white wyrms are more fun for this ;0
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

well, yes, I guess they would be...but I'll leave that to the person crazy enough to have 3 or 4 balrons as pets on his roof.

:P

randale

Post by randale »

Pirul wrote:A scorpion hit on an un-armored char would be enough damage to allow the poison to kill that char before it wears off. A single hit is enough.
Armor slows down the poison damage they take?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

No, just the damage from the initial hit.

Nefarity

Post by Nefarity »

It is not my intention to derail this thread nor do I have a problem with griefers, but I have a question.

In all my experience with UO and dozens of other games, I could never fathom the concept of griefing. What I can remotely understand is that people, especially newer players, can be tempted to kill someone who's macroing or some such because the opportunity presents itself.

But why do people go to extremes to kill someone who is AFK? O.O

Money? There are quicker & better ways. Loot? Basically comes down to money again. Challenge? There is none. Boredom? Well, do you go out on the street and hit an old lady in the face when you're bored? Maybe not the best comparison, but you get the gist of it.

Why would you go out of your way trying to screw with someone unless you hold a grudge against him or something? I just don't get it.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I don't either.

I guess some people find "fun" in it.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Dont ask why.

Also 5th level poison can certainly kill someone.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

I've done this several times. Scorpions make excellent townkillers. It's all a question of timing.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Nefarity

Post by Nefarity »

son wrote:Dont ask why.
I already did and I don't intend to delete my post =)

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Nefarity wrote:It is not my intention to derail this thread nor do I have a problem with griefers, but I have a question.

In all my experience with UO and dozens of other games, I could never fathom the concept of griefing. What I can remotely understand is that people, especially newer players, can be tempted to kill someone who's macroing or some such because the opportunity presents itself.

But why do people go to extremes to kill someone who is AFK? O.O

Money? There are quicker & better ways. Loot? Basically comes down to money again. Challenge? There is none. Boredom? Well, do you go out on the street and hit an old lady in the face when you're bored? Maybe not the best comparison, but you get the gist of it.

Why would you go out of your way trying to screw with someone unless you hold a grudge against him or something? I just don't get it.
Here's a quick breakdown on just some of the ways:

1. People who afk with a mass amount of resources (ingots, regs) are a valid income source. It takes anywhere from 20 secs to 2 minutes to town PK someone depending on environment (NPCs nearby, players spamming guards, etc.) If I took a minute to kill you to loot 2k of flamestrike regs, I just made a quick ~12k profit.

2. People who spam guards are just asking to be griefed anyway; to be proven it doesn't do anything to prevent death.

3. People afk on nightmares = enough said. Easy and cheap way to get a new mare for one of your toons.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter