Reagent respawns in shops

Moderator: Support Moderators

randale

Reagent respawns in shops

Post by randale »

Sometimes it can be frustrating when you can't get enough of what you need. Let's say it's at one of the Moonglow shops where someone/some people have just bought out every reagent, how long will it takes for all of the respawn to 999?

Last night I was trying to get 1200 of pearl, root and ash to macro with. I went first to Moonglow, not enough, then Vesper, then Britain (all three shops at each town) Serpent's hold, Ocollo, Magicia(sp?) then back to Moonglow, where they were 999 each in stock, didn't time it between the first and second trips to moonglow though.

Gibin

Re: Reagent respawns in shops

Post by Gibin »

I'm new myself but if i recall from back when I played UO, they should restock every hour and the amount they have depends on how much they sold last hour. I know it used to double every hour if they sold out the previous one, and would reset to 10 if not. This was back in the day and on live servers.

OneEyedJack
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OneEyedJack »

I'll break down reg respawns for you. Regs respawn every 30 minutes as long as you clear out the reg you're looking to respawn. The regs double in portion as long as you clear them out.

For example... Let's say the reagents have started fresh for the day. This means they'll be at 20 each. Let's say you show up at 10:07 and buy all 20 black pearl. This means the black pearl will respawn at 10:37 at 40. And so on and so forth. This means you will need to clear the regs a total of 7 times to get all the way to 999. If you leave even 1 or 2 black pearl remaining, they will not respawn.

Hope this helps... if it doesn't, feel free to ask me to clarify further.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

OneEyedJack wrote:I'll break down reg respawns for you. Regs respawn every 30 minutes as long as you clear out the reg you're looking to respawn. The regs double in portion as long as you clear them out.

For example... Let's say the reagents have started fresh for the day. This means they'll be at 20 each. Let's say you show up at 10:07 and buy all 20 black pearl. This means the black pearl will respawn at 10:37 at 40. And so on and so forth. This means you will need to clear the regs a total of 7 times to get all the way to 999. If you leave even 1 or 2 black pearl remaining, they will not respawn.

Not entirely true, they WILL respawn, just not double. They will actually halve.

So, expanding the same example, let's say you bought 20 pearl and 10 root at 10:07, at 10:37 the vendor will respawn 40 pearl and 20 root. If at that time you buy 38 pearl and 20 root, then at 11:07 the vendor will respawn with 20 pearl (it will half the original amount) and 40 root (since it was bought out).

This is of course, assuming no one else is buying out those products.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

randale

Post by randale »

Pirul wrote:
OneEyedJack wrote:I'll break down reg respawns for you. Regs respawn every 30 minutes as long as you clear out the reg you're looking to respawn. The regs double in portion as long as you clear them out.

Not entirely true, they WILL respawn, just not double. They will actually halve.

So, expanding the same example, let's say you bought 20 pearl and 10 root at 10:07, at 10:37 the vendor will respawn 40 pearl and 20 root. If at that time you buy 38 pearl and 20 root, then at 11:07 the vendor will respawn with 20 pearl (it will half the original amount) and 40 root (since it was bought out).

This is of course, assuming no one else is buying out those products.
and what happens say if a reg is at 999 and someone buys it out, will it respawn later at 20 again?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Nope, it will continue respawning at 999 as long as it keeps being bought out every 30 minutes.

Telamon

Post by Telamon »

Last edited by Telamon on Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

randale

Post by randale »

And does this apply to everything in stores that NPC vendors sell, not just regs?

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

I happen to know that kindling only refreshes every 1 hour :D.. arrows and crossbow bolts too? (I don't know if it is item specific or shop specific--I'm too lazy to test it)
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Only mage shops/alchys respawn every 30 mins, the rest respawn every hour.

randale

Post by randale »

has it changed from 30 minutes to something else? I came back to a shop where I had bought out a particular reg, almost 30 minutes later, no new reg. I came back 2 minutes after, still none, 2 minutes again, still none, unless someone got there RIGHT before me and bought them out

FakeEcaj

Post by FakeEcaj »

:!:
Last edited by FakeEcaj on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

randale

Post by randale »

FakeEcaj wrote:I always thought it was every 60 minutes, not every 30 minutes. I'm almost positive other vendors I buy from are on a 60 minute timer, though I haven't tried to time it for reagents specifically.

That being said, I've noticed Sunday weekends are also a popular time for some people to automate the buying process so they can keep their reg vendors stocked. It's always possible they were purchased in that 2 minute window. Unless you tried EVERY mage vendor in every town. If you did, I'm pretty sure they just didn't restock yet.
I just finished a huge nightshade buying binge, bought 60K by cleaning out every shop, EXCEPT Papua and Delucia, and sometimes (several actually) the hidden valley vendor was dead.

FakeEcaj

Post by FakeEcaj »

:!:
Last edited by FakeEcaj on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

randale

Post by randale »

FakeEcaj wrote:Nice! Out of curiosity, while in the process of that, did you notice if it was a 30 min or 60 min timer for vendors to refresh their reagent supply?
What I'm going to do is buy some and do a 30 and 60 minute recording I think of an avi with razor. As soon as I can get the bugs worked out. I use VLC to play them and the colors are messed up, it's upside down, etc. It gives me more options than the packet video does which I'll need.

This way I can see if they really do refresh every 30, 60 minutes, and if anyone comes in to buy regs I'll see them.