Advice for Bard build

Moderator: Support Moderators

Arrochar

Advice for Bard build

Post by Arrochar »

Basically trying to decide on more or less pure bard or provo mage.

Bard:
Enticement
Magery
Musicianship
Peacemaking
Provocation
Resisting Spells
Wrestling

Provo Mage:
Eval. Int.
Magery
Meditation
Musicianship
Provocation
Resisting Spells
Wrestling

For those that have been around UOSA a while, is one more practical than the other?

Heckler

Re: Advice for Bard build

Post by Heckler »

Arrochar wrote:Basically trying to decide on more or less pure bard or provo mage.

Bard:
Enticement
Magery
Musicianship
Peacemaking
Provocation
Resisting Spells
Wrestling

Provo Mage:
Eval. Int.
Magery
Meditation
Musicianship
Provocation
Resisting Spells
Wrestling

For those that have been around UOSA a while, is one more practical than the other?

peacemaking is more or less useless during t2a era or better here on uosa. if it has to be a pure mage bard i would go with the 2nd one

Arrochar

Post by Arrochar »

*shrug* I never had a bard back in the day; always thought they were useless since I had a bunch of other gold cows. Now, though, it's much easier for me to macro up a bard for a week then go make some gold to get a house and start macro'ing other guys that I actually want to do things with. The "pure" bard was really a more defensive-type build that pretty much runs from anything too scary, whereas the provo mage could keep his main skill(provo) and pack a little more kick with his magery beyond using it as a finisher/escape tool. Still not sold on entice or peacemaking but I'll macro the rest up first and hope for more input here.

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

I love entice and peacemaking in the right situations. They are probably useless to most people though. Both can be great griefing skills, but I assume that is not what you're looking for.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I have a char with the 2nd temp. Can kill anything, anywhere...solo.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Arrochar

Post by Arrochar »

applejack wrote:I love entice and peacemaking in the right situations. They are probably useless to most people though. Both can be great griefing skills, but I assume that is not what you're looking for.
With this guy not really; he's just my startup. If I could stand chopping wood or shearing sheep I'd do that but I would rather be out doing something to make a little gold over those two options.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Second template is the better way to go with.

You could consider swapping resist out for:

Hiding
Lockpicking
Tracking+Hiding mix
Tracking+Resist mix
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Provo Mage:
Eval. Int.
Magery
Meditation
Musicianship
Provocation
Resisting Spells
Wrestling
is what i use perfect for any kinda spawn provoke able or not, escaping massive ganks, survival event, level 5 maps ( utility character or a friend to dig)
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Dead Rabbit

Post by Dead Rabbit »

Second Template
Derrick wrote:
And thanks also to Poppy Thornapple for providing some critical insight into this.
Celebrate Rabbits!! http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g3/carrot.htm
[00:55:46] <MrLotto> I love dolls

a&D

Post by a&D »

I'm currently building the second template without wrestling and with hiding because this is a character I played in the past and I am lacking in imagination. Also considering 80 resist / 20 tracking combo. I read on another forum thread somewhere that this was killer..

Any input appreciated.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Tracking works great depending on what you want to do. I personally don't find it too useful for a bard, but 20 will probably only let you know if someone is hidden in the same screen as you, not much more help.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

a&D

Post by a&D »

Could be handy vs. stealthers waiting for a killer blow when I'm on 1/3hp. I'll keep it in for the time being. :)

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

a&D wrote:Could be handy vs. stealthers waiting for a killer blow when I'm on 1/3hp. I'll keep it in for the time being. :)
until someone gets in your face with a quick weapon and you cant recall or a ghouls touch weapon to be even nastyier because you have 0 wrestle >_<
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

randale

Post by randale »

Heckler wrote:
Arrochar wrote:Basically trying to decide on more or less pure bard or provo mage.

Bard:
Enticement
Magery
Musicianship
Peacemaking
Provocation
Resisting Spells
Wrestling

Provo Mage:
Eval. Int.
Magery
Meditation
Musicianship
Provocation
Resisting Spells
Wrestling

peacemaking is more or less useless during t2a era or better here on uosa. if it has to be a pure mage bard i would go with the 2nd one
Why is a useless? It works on players doesn't it? But........you can't target a specific player, right? Just use the skill and all fights will stop for a few seconds. Hope it includes spellcasting too. I'm working on a bard/treasure hunter with

Musicianship
Provocation
Wrestling
Cartography
Magery
Meditation
Hiding

Thinking of taking out wrestling and putting in peacemaking, would be useful for the mobs who spawn when I get the treasure, Until I can provoke them.

Festus

Post by Festus »

anyone use a provo dexer? Just wonder as I am building a provo something. Not sure but I heard a provo dexer was good for farming gold for starting up.