Tamer Build - Wresltling or Vet?

Moderator: Support Moderators

priaprism

Tamer Build - Wresltling or Vet?

Post by priaprism »

Hi Guys,

I've been set on a build for a long time now but recently thought of changing it up.

My thoughts are the build should be:

Taming
Lore
Magery
Eval
Resist
Med
Wrestling

Should I have Wrestling or Vet?

I normally farm with about 6-10 dragons so they usually don't die that fast, and standing beside them can be a pain some times. Anyone have experience with the two different builds?

Pehiko
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Tamer Build - Wresltling or Vet?

Post by Pehiko »

This is just my personal opinion but if you hunt with more than 2 dragon why would you need eval?

I would chose wrestling AND vet and drop eval.

Also there is no real point of farming with more than 3 dragon. i farm EG with 2 and its more than enough...
imo hunting with 10 dragon sound more like a pain in the ass. Control them, feed them and lose them to PK...

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Wrestling
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

your question is a no brainer - wrestling. way more important than resist, if you're going to drop a defensive skill.

imo: effective tamer that doesnt get slaughtered: mage/med/wrestle/resist/tame/lore/vet

there are variations that swap certain skills (namely vet) for other skills like hiding or eval. if you use a little common sense and game knowledge those skills are totally redundant though.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

priaprism

Post by priaprism »

nightshark wrote:your question is a no brainer - wrestling. way more important than resist, if you're going to drop a defensive skill.

imo: effective tamer that doesnt get slaughtered: mage/med/wrestle/resist/tame/lore/vet

there are variations that swap certain skills (namely vet) for other skills like hiding or eval. if you use a little common sense and game knowledge those skills are totally redundant though.

Thanks for the feedback. How are those skills redundant. For example, if I keep GM eval and drop vet but keep resist at GM, wouldn't my eval contribute to a much higher GH on my dragons?

I usually hunt in massive packs, so I just let the dragons get low, gate them all out, and bandage them. I could, instead just GH them all real time.

Bandages are free, yes, but you have to be so close to use them and in combat often, the dragons move making it VERY hard to heal them, with no vet and forcing myself to use magic, I'm able to let them roam around after giving the "X DROP" command and not have to get close to the dragons or the attackers.

I like eval, because of the power of my spells when I DO have to use them.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

priaprism wrote:Thanks for the feedback. How are those skills redundant. For example, if I keep GM eval and drop vet but keep resist at GM, wouldn't my eval contribute to a much higher GH on my dragons?
no, GH is only affected by your magery skill
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Personally, I say build it just like a tank mage except drop swords and tactics for taming and animal lore. I did this with my bard (musicianship and provoke, of course... he's ~95 resist), and with high eval and resist and some powerful monsters around, it's actually fun to try to fight back when a pk tries to take him down. I think the same could be said for a tamer (of course you also need to know how to PvP, heh).

If you have a lot of dragons, I think you can afford the regs to just GHeal them... I never really saw the point of Vet skill.

Just my 2 cents.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Return to “New Player Help”