Tinkering Guide

Moderator: Support Moderators

alatar

Re: Tinkering Guide

Post by alatar »

I'm not 100% sure so don't quote this info, but:

100 Tinker
100 Carpentry (?? not sure about this, my tinker can't make trap unless im blind)
1+ explosion potion (i believe greaters yield higher trap damage)

Too be honest, I rarely recall making traps at all. The only time I ever used them enough to raise the mule skills was in factions for placing town-traps.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

You dont need poisoningto make the poison traps.
You can use a lesser poison and if the tinker is GM its wicked.

I remember back when I first started playing someone left one out at the bank and I opened it.I had 3 people that were GM anat and healing trying to cure and a mage casting GH when I was low.We tried for about 20 minutes before giving up and letting me die.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

You just need tinkering to make traps. I had one wayyyyyyyy back in the day....drop a closed chest at town and watch em drop.....we used to drop it along the road between vesper and minoc...no one could resist opening it.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Dashiva

Post by Dashiva »

I think a GM poison trapped box was level 5 poison.

My buddy had a mule which was 7x GM all tradeskills, with like 50 murder counts a week, just from dropping a box with 100 stones in it, just outside of any town.

I'd giggle like a girl everytime someone opened it and started *spazming uncontrollably*. :lol:
An Nox! An Nox! An Nox! An Nox! dead...
Korlan (Dexxer) | Dashiva (Tamer)
Dashiva from Napa Valley

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Instant explosion was best I thought. I remember the first time me and my best friend left a trapped box on the side of vesper and someone sniffed around it, then finally got the balls to open it and ughhhh. We were laughing so hard we couldn't even loot the corpse.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

ahh the memories.

Gm stealth char with a tinker who could ummmm, never leave the house.

Used to hang out stealthed in the lich room at cov. I had a trapped box with a bunch of hides in it making people (who would have loot/armor/weaps on them) to heavy to recall out.

I would stealth right next to the lichs and as soon as someone killed a lick i would drop the box on the lich's corpse.

This worked 99.9 % of the time. My tinker never saw daylight again...

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak »

Does is count as a murder if someone dies from a trap on this shard?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It does. Currently the top murderer on the bounty board is a tinker.

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak »

Okay, either I'm getting really lucky and no one is reporting my character as a murderer, or something is wrong. I've killed probably 20 people with traps and I don't have any murders when I say, "I must consider my sins." He's lost Karma a few times, but has 0 murder counts.

Stephen

Post by Stephen »

That's a good guide if you start with 50 skill, however what should be made from 30-50 skill?
Proud merchant of $$$

Progressive Libertarianism - At the forefront of freedom
http://progressivelibertarian.org/

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

Chumbucket is the perfect example of constant death via trapped boxes. I could not stop my curiosity from opening the trapped boxes he left in my house, prolly killed me 10 times before i finally learned my lesson! I know you need for sure gm tinkering, but you could buy any box to trap just from the tinkerer. I also believe that you can just by the greater poison potions a gm alchemist makes and use those for the traps.

And in Chums absence the rest of the shard picks up the slack with trapped boxes all over town!
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this

Euph

Post by Euph »

kodiak if you're killing thieves with your boxes you won't be getting counts:P

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bigoud »

on top of that, you wont get counts if you put the chest on the ground...

if you have the chest in your bag while you trap it, then you will get a count ;-)
Yew Bank Mall
Everything you need is there ! Check it out on the link below !
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 859#p72859

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Stephen wrote:That's a good guide if you start with 50 skill, however what should be made from 30-50 skill?
clock parts
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

grimsk

Post by grimsk »

Rofl i learned my lesson with trapped Boxe in OSI back in the day.if my curiosity is uncontrollable i simply put everything on the bank save with 1-2 bandage and 1-2 reg for cure poison and open it.If i die than Oh well .

If someone put a boxe in your house . geez come on .It's like frigging obvious haha.