Macroing Provocation?

Moderator: Support Moderators

GodrickRykker

Macroing Provocation?

Post by GodrickRykker »

What's the best way to go about gaining provo? Macroing appears to be out of the question as there seems to be a person or group of people who consistently go around and kill the animals. That's fine, I am just looking for alternatives that don't take a super long time since you cannot macro this skill..

Thanks in advance.

Pirul

Re: Macroing Provocation?

Post by Pirul »

Personally, I trapped an animal in my house and used that.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

TheManWithNoName

Post by TheManWithNoName »

there are plenty of other stables around to macro in. if you are trying to macro in brit then you are just asking for trouble. the first 2 hours i started macroing provo in brit i had someone kill the animal on me, then about an hour later someone tamed the animal i was using and i got guardwhacked lol. there was an easy solution to this problem, i ran my ass to the moongate and found a stable with no one macroing inside in another town. i had zero issue gm'ing provo after that.
IRC: NoName

a_llama

Post by a_llama »

Your best bet is to just get a house and put a bull inside it and do it there. If you dont have a house there are a few people that help out new people with sweet housing locations. There are a bunch of them around moonglow. Just look for the thread and contact the person.

EDIT: Here ya go viewtopic.php?f=42&t=28411

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

a_llama wrote:Your best bet is to just get a house and put a bull inside it and do it there. If you dont have a house there are a few people that help out new people with sweet housing locations. There are a bunch of them around moonglow. Just look for the thread and contact the person.

EDIT: Here ya go viewtopic.php?f=42&t=28411
just let the record show that it can be anything from a tiny bird to the strongest balron you are provoking its not a difficulty based skill
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Rykker

Post by Rykker »

Thanks for the feedback. I have a house and am now using that. Not sure why I didn't think of this before. Seems to be going up fine now.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

two other common mistakes people make with provoke is
A not gming music first it only takes like 2 hours gm or if that by just spaming a instrument with 0 pause.
B on a failed provoke the delay is 5 seconds and on a success is 10 many people make a basic macro that just pauses for 10 seconds no mater what and all those extra 5 seconds that you are pausing after a fail on the provoke check sure add up ;p
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

iamreallysquall wrote:two other common mistakes people make with provoke is
A not gming music first it only takes like 2 hours gm or if that by just spaming a instrument with 0 pause.
B on a failed provoke the delay is 5 seconds and on a success is 10 many people make a basic macro that just pauses for 10 seconds no mater what and all those extra 5 seconds that you are pausing after a fail on the provoke check sure add up ;p
Damn I made mistake B with every provoker. Thanks for the tip!
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

you can tame or buy small animals and pen them in areas that are far from much player activity
keep one tamed animal in front of a released animal you provoke on to keep it from coming out and attacking you
you dont need your own home just find some place with a bed or other barrier that is up against a wall
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Naunet

Post by Naunet »

Looking for some advice on a conditional macro for provoking please.

I have the stock standard one of use skill, target random grey animal and provoke onto self with a 10 sec pause. Since reading I tried putting a condition on fail to pause 5 sec and a condition with success with a pause of 10sec.

So basic macro was

Use skill provocation
target random whatever grey npc
target self
if sysmessage = your music fails
pause = 5000
end if
if sysmessage = your music succeeds
pause = 10000
end if
loop

I am a total novice in this area and trying the above seems to miss the fail when it appears, going instead to the success pause, and then next round (even if a success) going to the fail pause.

I am not sure what I am missing here and am guessing it is something to do with the system messages and how they are being received or maybe I need something between the two conditionals?

Advice please.

Many thanks.

SCCLBR

Post by SCCLBR »

Naunet wrote:Looking for some advice on a conditional macro for provoking please.

I have the stock standard one of use skill, target random grey animal and provoke onto self with a 10 sec pause. Since reading I tried putting a condition on fail to pause 5 sec and a condition with success with a pause of 10sec.

So basic macro was

Use skill provocation
target random whatever grey npc
target self
if sysmessage = your music fails
pause = 5000
end if
if sysmessage = your music succeeds
pause = 10000
end if
loop

I am a total novice in this area and trying the above seems to miss the fail when it appears, going instead to the success pause, and then next round (even if a success) going to the fail pause.

I am not sure what I am missing here and am guessing it is something to do with the system messages and how they are being received or maybe I need something between the two conditionals?

Advice please.

Many thanks.
I used something like this:

Use Skill Provo
Target Animal
Target Self
If SysMsg Fails
Pause 5000
Else
Pause 10000
End If
Loop

Naunet

Post by Naunet »

I just tried that but didnt work.

What happened was when I received a fail it would still go to the else pause 10000 but on next play cycle of macro it would then detect the fail and even if successful this time round it would hit the conditional and pause 5000 resulting in a missed skill attempt and having to wait 25 sec for Razor to time out.

What do you think I am missing?

TheManWithNoName

Post by TheManWithNoName »

here you go naunet:

UseSkill Provocation
Wait for Target
Absolute Target [animal]
Wait for Target
Absolute Target [can be another animal or yourself]
Pause .50sec
If ( SysMessage "succeeds" )
Pause 10.00sec
Else
Pause 5.00sec
End If
Loop

try adding the quick pause in there (highlighted in yellow). this will make sure razor registers the system message before going into the if statement conditional, and therefore choosing the correct delay time.
IRC: NoName

SCCLBR

Post by SCCLBR »

TheManWithNoName wrote:here you go naunet:

try adding the quick pause in there (highlighted in yellow). this will make sure razor registers the system message before going into the if statement conditional, and therefore choosing the correct delay time.
Yeah, that pause is crucial. Left it out of mine by accident. That's what you're missing.

Naunet

Post by Naunet »

Many thanks for this. I added the pause as indicated, though I add an extra 0.5 secs to mine due to latency and the just in case scenario, and yes works well now.

Mind you I had to sit there for about 10mins waiting for a fail and figures no fails for really that long.

Anyhow, thanks once again for the advice.

Cheers

Naunet

Return to “New Player Help”